Affordable, beautiful Ts?

MainMann

Arachnosquire
Hello!
So I'm a bit on a very tight budget to spend on getting Ts, but i still really want a couple of more Ts in my collection. And i am aiming to get some really2 beautiful Ts but with a great price. Some affordable species over here that i know are Nhandu chromatus, Ceratogyrus spp (all are pretty affordable here) Pterinochilus chordatus/murinus and Poecilotheria regalis/formosa. Got any other favorite affordable and beautiful Ts? Would love to hear!

Thank you in advance, Maman

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
There are all kinds of affordable "beautiful" tarantulas in the US. It would just depend on your tastes and whats available where you are. The chromatus you mentioned though are quite nice and are just as colorful from a small size

MainMann

Arachnosquire
There are all kinds of affordable "beautiful" tarantulas in the US. It would just depend on your tastes and whats available where you are. The chromatus you mentioned though are quite nice and are just as colorful from a small size
I see. Here in Indonesia I'm thankful that T prices are quite reasonable. Though over here the "premium" species are ridiculously over priced

RobertBennett

Arachnopeon
My top 3 are
Davus Pentaloris
Caribena Versicolor
Psalmopoeus Irminia

As for affordability, really depends what’s available where you live and what you consider affordable :embarrassed:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm not sure how many suggestions I make would be relevant seeing as species that are dirt cheap here might not be in your country but here goes.

P. irminia
Any Avicularia/Caribena/Ybyrapora
N. chromatus/coloratovillosus
A. geniculata
P. sazimai
P. auratus
Both forms of P. subfusca
H. maculata
A. ezendami
Pretty much any Brachypelma

MainMann

Arachnosquire
My top 3 are
Davus Pentaloris
Caribena Versicolor
Psalmopoeus Irminia

As for affordability, really depends what’s available where you live and what you consider affordable :embarrassed:
Oh those are great species'! P irminia and D pentaloris are quite cheap over here, but C versicolor can rack up quite a fortune

I'm not sure how many suggestions I make would be relevant seeing as species that are dirt cheap here might not be in your country but here goes.

P. irminia
Any Avicularia/Caribena/Ybyrapora
N. chromatus/coloratovillosus
A. geniculata
P. sazimai
P. auratus
Both forms of P. subfusca
H. maculata
A. ezendami
Pretty much any Brachypelma
P. auratus (and pretty much any other Phormictopus) P. sazimai and A. geniculata are on the expensive end over here, but the rest are pretty affordable and are damn beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:

MainMann

Arachnosquire
B. boehmei

Really pretty to me without being very expensive.
Oh they sure are! I have one and is currently molting right now, pray that it goes well! But weirdly enough, brachys are a bit more on expensive side here in Indonesia. Especially if they've reached 6-7cm, sky rockets in price

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Phormictopus species. Pamphobeteus are getting cheaper depending on species.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
Phormictopus species. Pamphobeteus are getting cheaper depending on species.
They seem to be dropping in price on several countries, but over here, pamphos and phormics are among the most expensive of Ts, only being beaten in price by Harpactira pulchripes :p

B. vagans
This is actually my first T! Do they have any dimorphism between sexes? Because mine is a male and his overall coloring is very drab compared to the photos of B vagans in the internet

EvanShavingCream

Arachnopeon
Here are some inexpensive yet beautiful T's no ones mentioned yet:
C. Fimbriatus
P. Murinus
B. Cabocla
T. Violaceus
H. sp. Colombia
O. Philippinus

MainMann

Arachnosquire
Here are some inexpensive yet beautiful T's no ones mentioned yet:
C. Fimbriatus
P. Murinus
B. Cabocla
T. Violaceus
H. sp. Colombia
O. Philippinus
Definitely agree! Though B cabocla and Hommeoma sp colobisa is almost impossible to find over here

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
If you don't mind waiting a while for them to grow, most brachypelma slings are pretty cheap, but they do take forever to get big.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
Go to a reptile Expo and get a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
GBBs are stupidly expensive here in a indonesia, and they're not even that rare over here. But because they're demand is soo high, sellers can bump up the prices a bit to reap the profit. Would love a GBB but damn they are way above my budget :p

If you don't mind waiting a while for them to grow, most brachypelma slings are pretty cheap, but they do take forever to get big.
Yep that's true! Most Brachys here are pretty affordable when they're small, but once they hit 6cm+ they sky rocket in price!

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
GBBs are stupidly expensive here in a indonesia, and they're not even that rare over here. But because they're demand is soo high, sellers can bump up the prices a bit to reap the profit. Would love a GBB but damn they are way above my budget :p
Same way here in America, some really common ones are expensive. SO @MainMann have you collected any of your local species? I dont know what area you are in , but Indonesia has some amazing T's in my opinion. Not to mention trap doors and larger true spiders. I wish I lived in the mid western US instead of the east, I would be out hunting inverts all the time lol