Advice on new spider?

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Hey guys! So recently Ive thought about getting another true spider! And Im unsure on wether I want another species of huntsman like my Olios,(aka golden hunstman) or something simple like my common fuzzy wild orbweavers who I also love. But if I do get another spider babu I face another Issue, my general breeder and supplier is actually out of stock right now(it is winter XD) and ive found little else on my own. So If you have any ideas as to what you guys like and prefer or know any suppliers/breeders that I should checkout let me know!

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
bugs in cyberspace is the first place that comes to mind for spiders. You'll have to click on the listings, they've got several pictured in their spider section, but only 4-5 actually available. Swift's Inverts is another that comes to mind. They appear to have several true spiders listed in the "other" section.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
@Draketeeth thanks! I was actually snooping around BICS earlier since thats where I get all my feeders, mantids, milipedes etc. But I totally didnt think of swifts! :D

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can get an odd in between spider and go with Kukulcania sp. They build interesting webs but are still pretty active. Beautiful spiders too that get fairly large, but are very mellow.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Actually that reminds me, I should probably give my K. arizonica its monthly meal lol. I try to feed her once every month or two since she's overweight. I've had her for almost 7 years and got her from BIC. If you get K. hibernalis (much more common), they tend to eat more often.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Get K. hibernalis as others suggested. They’re fun to watch eat, super docile, and get to a decent size!

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Dolomedes Triton is incredibly fast, fairly large, and has interesting colors (also typically available for low prices).
Sorry to derail a bit, but Olios Giganteus sounds like a species I would like as I want to get into true spiders and think that one is great. Did you get yours from bugsincyberspace/can you post pics of him?

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Ooh those sound interesting! Ill look into them thanks! Kukulcania is described exactly like Id describe my hunstman behavior and feeding wise And @Scolopendra1989 yes Olios Giganteus is basically a smaller huntsman species! I did indeed get my baby from Peter at BICS! He was extremely small and fast when I first got him but hes molted a few times and is now much more presentable! The only thing id advise is if you get one...Watch.thier.wieght! They will gorge themselves to death if possible! Ive seen my baby kill 5 flies and proceed to try and eat them all simultaneously o-o...he managed 3 and ate the other 2 immediatly after. But other than that hes quite entertaining and personable!(im not at home so I cant post a current pick, but ive posted a few on here previously!)

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Lol didnt even realize this till just now but weve actually got dolmedes in our back yard lol XD I used to keep and breed em alot when I was younger in a old 20 gal all natural vivarium I set up!

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Now I know the actual scientific name!!! I always just counted them whith our small wolf spiders (lycosidae)