Advan's pic thread

advan

oOOo
Staff member
You have some beautiful tarantulas. The details your pictures capture are amazing. :)
Thank you! :)

So many pix and all are wonderfull. Best detail I have seen! What camera setup do you use?
Thanks for sharing the pix!!!
Thanks! I use a use a Nikon D7100 with a Tokina 100mm f2.8 lens. Lighting is two Nikon SB-R200 speedlights.

Adult male Psalmopoeus reduncus

Avicularia diversipes

Cyriocosmus elegans

0.1 Phormingochilus everetti

Pachistopelma bromelicola

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Fully agree! Almost looks like A. diversipes minus the reflections.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Cyriocosmus elegans 1i's

Poecilotheria formosa from last years sac

Poecilotheria ornata

Pterinochilus murinus

Adult male Psalmopoeus langenbucheri

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on yet another successfull sac, Chad. I recon you left the I. mira one with mommy? Looks like it was the right choice in that case :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sweet pics Advan! I like the really early development pics you take of these guys. Love seeing the BLUE on the female's legs!!! I have to get a couple of these at some point.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Congrats on yet another successfull sac, Chad. I recon you left the I. mira one with mommy? Looks like it was the right choice in that case :D
Thanks Jan, I did not intend for them to hatch with mom. These have very fast development stages! I pulled them out right after the mom shots.

Sweet pics Advan! I like the really early development pics you take of these guys. Love seeing the BLUE on the female's legs!!! I have to get a couple of these at some point.
Thanks! You should, these are an awesome species!

Idiothele mira

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks Jan, I did not intend for them to hatch with mom. These have very fast development stages! I pulled them out right after the mom shots.

Thanks! You should, these are an awesome species!

Idiothele mira

Man these are pretty as slings!! I'm definitely getting them. I originally wanted them for 2 reasons-- Blue feet, and they have a curiously funny trapdoor behavior I've watched and talked to people about.

I'm sold!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Man these are pretty as slings!! I'm definitely getting them. I originally wanted them for 2 reasons-- Blue feet, and they have a curiously funny trapdoor behavior I've watched and talked to people about.

I'm sold!
Have you gotten any yet? :)

Psalmopoeus langenbucheri

Lampropelma sp. 'Borneo'

Cyriopagopus schioedtei

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Have you gotten any yet? :)
You bet! My first one from Catfish! It's more secretive than my marshalli. But I've seen it's blue toes already. I hope the toes get brighter on mine. Either way the trapdoor aspect is very amusing.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha! That little guy behaves like my MM! Awesome shots as usual and great work, Chad! Glad to see these being bred over there and made more available!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Very cool shot 2nd from the end! :D
Thanks Michael! :D

You bet! My first one from Catfish! It's more secretive than my marshalli. But I've seen it's blue toes already. I hope the toes get brighter on mine. Either way the trapdoor aspect is very amusing.
Nice!

Haha! That little guy behaves like my MM! Awesome shots as usual and great work, Chad! Glad to see these being bred over there and made more available!
Thanks Jan! :)

Hapalopus sp. 'Colombia' Large/Gross 1"

Ornithoctoninae sp. 'Laos'

Psalmopoeus irminia

Metatarsus

Juvenile female Ephebopus uatuman from last year's eggsac

Adult female Cyriocosmus ritae from last year's eggsac