Advan's pic thread

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Chad, I just noticed a few posts back that you finally learned how to spell 'definitely'. hehe :biggrin:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Gorgeous E. olivacea!
I really need to avoid your photo thread, oh Master Enabler. My wish list keeps getting longer.... I was, however, able to remove I. mira from wish list today. :)
Thanks Joyce! Congrats on the I. mira! Now to just mark E. olivacea off that list! ;)

Great pictures~! I am in LOVE with the Encyocratella olivacea.
Thanks Beth! :D

I'm so happy I got those E.o. slings, such a spectacular T. :biggrin:

Beautiful work on the exuvium and 'looking out' shots Chad! :D
Thanks Michael! :)

My gosh - those Encyocratella olivacea are soo stunning!
Thanks Jan she is! She has molted since, you should see her now! :D

Cracking photos mate, Im liking these ocular tubercle shots. :)
Thanks Chris! Not to bad when you don't have to wrangle a live subject! hehe

Hey Chad, I just noticed a few posts back that you finally learned how to spell 'definitely'. hehe :biggrin:
Misspell it once and I'll never let it down. :clown:

minatrix right?
I'm not sure what you mean here? I do have some A. minatrix but none on this page. Thanks for looking! :)

Been a little bit, I'll start off with one of April's spiders and all of her recent eggsacs. She's been on a roll! :D

Megaphobema mesomelas

Notice the spikes/spines on the tarsal claw. I know other spiders like trapdoors have them but I don't recall seeing them on any of the theraphosids claws I have shot.

Tapinauchenius plumipes

a week later......

Poecilotheria ornata

Hapolopus sp. 'Colombia' Large/Gross

Congrats April on your excellent start to the year! :D

I pulled this one last weekend.

Heterothele villosella

and a size reference. :eek:

Thanks for looking! :D

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:eek:

Sheesh, guess who else is on a roll! {D What a great post Chad!! You've hit perfection with the two P. ornata hatchlings. :) Really like the shots of April's M. mesomelas too, the lighting is gorgeous! Must've been using your anatomical flash stand again.

Seriously impressive seeing the dime reference with the H. villosella sling, how many Raynoxes did you stack to get the close-up of that one? hehe

advan

oOOo
Staff member
:eek:

Sheesh, guess who else is on a roll! {D What a great post Chad!! You've hit perfection with the two P. ornata hatchlings. :) Really like the shots of April's M. mesomelas too, the lighting is gorgeous! Must've been using your anatomical flash stand again.

Seriously impressive seeing the dime reference with the H. villosella sling, how many Raynoxes did you stack to get the close-up of that one? hehe
Thanks Michael! No special lighting. The flash was mounted on the camera this time around. :D For the H. villosella, it's just one 250 Raynox and a little cropping. ;)

Excellent photos Chad! :)
Thank you Chris! :)

Poecilotheria formosa

Ephebopus uatuman Double clutch! :D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome work Chad and April! I love the shots of the villosella. Congrats on the formosa and uatuman sacs! Tearing it up this year!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Uhm ... I'm a bit slow sometimes ... that's the formosa from me with the new sac, yes? :biggrin: WTG Chad!!

Congrats on the C. elegans sac too!

... just curious, how many more potential sacs are you still waiting on? You're completely out of control!! {D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No matter how often you deny it - you -ARE- a breeding machine, Chad! Good luck with those sacs :D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Uhm ... I'm a bit slow sometimes ... that's the formosa from me with the new sac, yes? :biggrin: WTG Chad!!

Congrats on the C. elegans sac too!

... just curious, how many more potential sacs are you still waiting on? You're completely out of control!! {D
Yep that's her! :D Thanks Michael! hehe You going to make me count? :p

No matter how often you deny it - you -ARE- a breeding machine, Chad! Good luck with those sacs :D
LOL Jan! I'm just a hobbyist with some luck this year! :D

Lots of good stuff man! How did the hapalopus pairing go?
Very well! Your boy was a stud! These are all 1i's now! :D

Hapolopus sp. 'Colombia' Large/Gross

Last edited:

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful photos Chad! I particularly love the mesomelas photos!! Such a gorgeous "hair kicker"!

Congrats on all of the new sacs!! I can see formosa, elegans and villosella in my future. I just need to master keeping those microscopic slings well hydrated!!

:angelic:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Wow! Can't believe I missed that pic lol! Glad he got the job done :D looks like a decent number to :)
There is a lot! April did a hell of a job with them! :D

Beautiful photos Chad! I particularly love the mesomelas photos!! Such a gorgeous "hair kicker"!

Congrats on all of the new sacs!! I can see formosa, elegans and villosella in my future. I just need to master keeping those microscopic slings well hydrated!!

:angelic:
Thanks David! Let's hope! Fingers crossed! :D

Good work sir, you're having a cracking year with both sacs and photos! :)
Thanks Chris! :D April is the one with all the sacs! hehe

0.1 Lampropelma sp. 'Borneo black'

0.1 Ornithoctonus aureotibialis

0.1 Heterothele villosella

1.0 Monocentropus balfouri

0.1 Heterscodra maculata

Thanks for looking! :)