Advan's pic thread

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A little background on this lady. I received her in January with DKS-like symptoms. She was very lethargic, twitching a little and also wouldn't/couldn't use her legs. She actually would use her fangs to pull herself along. It was a very sad sight. When I informed the seller he checked and his other female was displaying the same symptoms. Sadly his girl didn't make it a week. I kept this girl in a 32oz deli with nothing quarantined away from the rest of my collection. I would water her with just pouring water in the cup, after a month or two she seemed to be improving. She was drinking, pooping and laying down a little webbing. I fed her two pre-killed crickets and eventually moved her into a short 8x8 enclosure with two water bowls. I am happy to report she has since molted and seems to be doing just fine. Her molt measured 6" and she did get noticeably bigger. She will be moved to her permanent home now and finally join the rest of my collection! :)

Poecilotheria pederseni
Wow chad.. true dedication. Glad she molted and is seemingly better.. keep us posted, id like to know if she STAYS better

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
I love your pics, they are awsomme :)
And i have an ekstra soft spot for the avics, you have a great collection of those!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Your A. metallica is gorgeous, Chad! Really need one of those for my collection...
Thanks Jan! I think you should! :D

What is this SPIDER?/tarantula
Chromatopelma cyaneopuescens

Wow chad.. true dedication. Glad she molted and is seemingly better.. keep us posted, id like to know if she STAYS better
Thanks man! I will, she has been eating and seems to be be back to normal Poeci style. :D

I love your pics, they are awsomme :)
And i have an ekstra soft spot for the avics, you have a great collection of those!
Thanks! I love avics too! :)

Freshly molted Poecilotheria ornata drinking from her dirt curtain. :ninja:

Attachments

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh man, that nigerrimum girl is looking gorgeous! Nice shots of the ritae too! I love their abdomens. :)

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm lovin' the colors on the C. ritae, these are all great photos :)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Sweet Idiothele mira, loving the Cyriocosmus ritae too! :)
Thanks Chris! :) C. ritae are awesome little spiders!

Such a great collection, love it!
Thanks Jeff! I'm a fan too! :D

Oh man, that nigerrimum girl is looking gorgeous! Nice shots of the ritae too! I love their abdomens. :)
Thanks again for the L. nigerrimum lady! There are a few more I would love to take off your hands! :p

:drool:

I so hope that mine is female...absolutely gorgeous!
Fingers crossed for you! You should be able to tell the sex in a few molts!

I'm lovin' the colors on the C. ritae, these are all great photos :)
Thanks! They are awesome little eaters! Think GBB feeding enthusiasm.. :)

This lady doubled up for me. :ninja:

Psalmopoeus pulcher :D

Attachments

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good lord,between us we are going to have pulcher coming out of our ears.Looking good as always Chad.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Good lord,between us we are going to have pulcher coming out of our ears.Looking good as always Chad.
My boys have defiantly blessed us! It's a good thing though! It seems no one has been breeding them successfully as of late! :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first female that dropped for us just molted,in case you have any spare males ;)
I have a feeling you will agree,but the hardest part of breeding pulcher is finding a male. Pairings were cake,and sack production is faster than any Avicularia we have bred.Kinda hard to believe that they are still somewhat rare.