Aboreal care

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow!

really?

i mean really?

what set you off?

I don't see that I said anything even remotely unkind...

Did you not think knowing more info about the sling would be helpful?

I even prefaced the part that was just my opinion as such.....

so why the sarcasm??

honestly i'm pretty confused...

I guess thats a problem with online forums and such, the intent can be lost to the reader. Your post came across to me as chastizing and unnecessarily critical of the parts of his post that had nothing to do with the actual question. Kinda rubs salt into the wound for somebody who just lost a pet, no?

Sorry if I misinterpreted...

Scar, as for the cage size vs feeding thing; I keep my baby avics in very small containers. Up to an inch they get a 1"x1"x3" hobby cube, then I move them to a 2"x2"x3" upside down setup. Both of these, especiallty the smaller one have the sling in such close proximity to the feeder that they can't really miss it. You know within a few minutes whether or not the sling is hungry today. Avics, especially babies are VERY MUCH sit-n-wait hunters. They won't usually go stalking around for prey at all. That's why you hear people often speaking of tong feeding their Avics, because it's sometimes the only way they'll frikkin' eat.

In fact, I sort of tong feed most of my arboreals. I don't necessarily place the roach right in their clutches but I do place it just a couple of inches away from them right where they (hopefully) notice it and pounce immediately.

Good luck with your second try. Don't give up, you'll get the hang of it.