Abdominal rupture!

Ruerue42

Arachnopeon
So I just bought a cobalt blue and it turns out it has a rupture any way I can save it please help :,(

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Can you provide pictures of it? Because we can't help what we cannot see.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When you say "it turns out it has a rupture" do you mean that it already had the rupture when you bought it, but you just didn't notice? Or did it fall or suffer some other injury that ruptured the abdomen after you took possession? If you just bought it from a reputable vendor and it was already injured, you may be able to return it for refund or replacement, but if it was injured after you got it (or if you got it from Craigslist or something similar) you won't have any recourse.

Do you have pictures of it? How bad is the rupture?

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
Did you unbox it today and discovered the rupture ? Does the seller have a d.o.a policy? Might not be dead now, it outlook is grim. Post pictures and maybe someone can give detail advice.

Ruerue42

Arachnopeon
It was in its hide when I bought it along with a few others when I got home I took time to check on everything and it was leaking fluid

20190306_181840.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin H

Arachnosquire
I'm pretty sure it's recommended you throw some cornstarch on it, enough to make it clot up. Then make sure it's hydrated and hope it recovers.

I've also heard of people using liquid skin or super glue, but I've also heard cases against using those. Search around.

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
If it was a human with a cut I would say put krazy glue on the wound, but I don't think their abdomen skin has the same characteristics of human tissue. I know corn starch gets recommended to close the wound and applied liberally. Good luck, I'm not sure how easy that will be with that species.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
you can force a clot with sub. glue would be a last resort. I heard something about liquid bandages or whatever.
Show me a picture of that enclosure too btw.
and how long have you had this animal? it sounds like you just got it today?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Always, always check the status of animals you purchase BEFORE you leave the seller. This injury could have happened during transport...

Apply a clotting agent liberally and provide plenty of drinking water. That's all you can do.

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
That wood could of shifted during transport and may of trapped it temporarily and rubbed/wounded. Hard to say how it co hold of happened before or after you picked it up. Good luck and hopefully it survives.

sasker

Arachnoprince
If it was a human with a cut I would say put krazy glue on the wound, but I don't think their abdomen skin has the same characteristics of human tissue.
I think the preferred method in humans is to stitch the wound. However, I use cornstarch for all my wounds :troll:

sasker

Arachnoprince
Wasn't superglue invented for the military as a quick way to close wounds in the field? It should definitely work on humans, but unfortunately I was never in the situation to try it out.

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Wasn't superglue invented for the military as a quick way to close wounds in the field? It should definitely work on humans, but unfortunately I was never in the situation to try it out.
No. It was invented by Kodak trying to find a clear plastic for optics use during WWII. Military use to glue skin wasn't until Vietnam era (long after cyanoacrylate was commonly used as glue)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No. It was invented by Kodak trying to find a clear plastic for optics use during WWII. Military use to glue skin wasn't until Vietnam era (long after cyanoacrylate was commonly used as glue)
You have w link for that, I’d love to read that and put the urban legend to rest.