A versiculor slings UK based. Where are they?!

TeddyBearTarantula

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, not really sure where to post this, so thought I’d put it in generic. I know there is a buy/sell area but I’m still deliberating at this stage.
I am thinking about adding an A versiculor to my collection, however I am struggling to find any for sale within the U.K.

Has anybody on here, who is uk-based, bought an AV recently and if so, where from? Or is anybody on here currently rearing a litter of AV babies within the U.K that they are intending to sell?

This will be my first arboreal species, so any advice on the best kind of setup, substrate, tips advice you’ve learned only from having one of these T’s. Please feel free to share, information and support is always, always welcome.

Thank you everybody whose read my post.

Thanks Nicola xx

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Sorry that I can't help since im in the U.S. but I can give you advice, don't make the substrate too wet/moist. they do fine on dry substrate with a water dish that is full with good ventilation (although I don't overdo ventilation). For slings I don't give water dishes until about 1.5'', so I just spray lightly on the webbing, but other people might do there's differently. By the way, its Caribena versicolor. I know other people might give more or better advice. But this is as simple as I can make it.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
There have been some recent sacs hatched in UK. Will be more available next month or two.

Ant

Arachnopeon
Try searching "Caribena versicolor" instead. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention suppliers in threads so I shall DM you a couple I use.

cold blood

Staff member
Try searching "Caribena versicolor" instead. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention suppliers in threads so I shall DM you a couple I use.
you can mention a dealer, just dont mention price or product and dont link us to the website...but saying a dealers name is perfectly fine.

Ant

Arachnopeon
you can mention a dealer, just dont mention price or product and dont link us to the website...but saying a dealers name is perfectly fine.
Ah, good to know! Cheers, will remember for next time.

TeddyBearTarantula

Arachnopeon
Sorry that I can't help since im in the U.S. but I can give you advice, don't make the substrate too wet/moist. they do fine on dry substrate with a water dish that is full with good ventilation (although I don't overdo ventilation). For slings I don't give water dishes until about 1.5'', so I just spray lightly on the webbing, but other people might do there's differently. By the way, its Caribena versicolor. I know other people might give more or better advice. But this is as simple as I can make it.
Hey there,

Thank you, I appreciate it. Is there any particular sub or mix that you’d recommend?
Thanks for the reminder on the name, I always forget they are Caribena versiculor. Is that a recent name change or am I just thick and it’s never been Avicularia versiculor?

Nicola x

TeddyBearTarantula

Arachnopeon
Thank you Ant, I’m not sure what the rules are, I always get nervous incase I get savaged for saying/doing something wrong on here lolz! Thanks for the links I’ll take a look.

Nicola xx

TeddyBearTarantula

Arachnopeon
Thank you, that enclosure is similar to what I purchased yesterday, so CV should like it. I was going to do what you’ve done in terms of the plants a gluing a couple about 2/3 the way up so hopefully she’ll web of those and not onto the lid of the enclosure. Yay can’t wait to receive the little beauty, thank you x

basin79

ArachnoGod
TSS have just got some in. Obviously you'll pay more though.

TeddyBearTarantula

Arachnopeon
I've offered to sell the OP the youngest of my three as I already have an AF and SAM..
It’s too late! I’m already attached to The Grym Reapers baby! Thank you again, it’s very kind!
I had a few peeps very kindly inform me that TSS now have babies, but I’m more than happy with decision. Thanks guys x