A. versi bad molt QUESTION

Arachninja

Arachnopeon
My one inch A. versicolor molted about two days ago, it has been in it's sling in the same position for a couple days after. Not dead but not walking around and I noticed today that a couple small pieces of skin are left attached to the abdomen. I was wondering the best reaction as my searches come up with raise humidity or remove possibly. It is so small I do not feel removing wise without consulting the more experienced in the hobby to confirm a reasoning behind my best option. Please let me know what to do I lost one versi sling for no apparent reason just before the others molted and now they all molt perfect but this one, so what should I do.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just use a Q-tip, or tiny paintbrush. Dip it in warm water and brush gently over the old skin. Should easily come off. Good luck.

Arachninja

Arachnopeon
You know I figured that getting it would be pretty easy, how do I hold a one inch sling without squashing it like a bug, and rub off the molt at the same time? I think my table vice may squish him(joke don't hate). Other than that wife wont touch them, and my eight and nine year old are eager but I am not sure I trust them. I would much rather take a catfish off a hook so what is the mojo i'm looking for.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I usually just let them run around on my hand while doing it. They will get fed up with you bothering them, and usually just scrunch up and sit still. Vice might be overkill, best to use needle nose vicegrips :). Ahh taking catfish off the hook is a sinch, could do it while asleep lol.

kalebo1

Arachnosquire
A one inch sling is pretty small. I would probably opt to leave it alone. My A. versi isn't always active...just because yours is chilling in its web doesn't mean it is unhealthy. I would continue to keep an eye on it and provide it with water. Maybe the excess molt that is still attached will come off the next time you feed it.