1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a spider in with my tarantula??

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by darksidemxer, Sep 26, 2011.

1. darksidemxer

darksidemxer Arachnopeon

FL
    Advertisement
    i woke up this morning and happily saw my obt had made a nice web curtain on the opposite side of his burrow and i can fully see him now...but then i noticed a web setup that looked nothing like his, a lil tiny spider idk what kind, had made its way in and took over a small section of log. is this common? i assume i need to get the lil bugger out right? just figured id see if this happens to yall alot lol and find out if it could be a potential threat to my obt

2. Rob1985

Rob1985 Arachnodemon Old Timer

if you can't it out, it'll be dead before long. Just better hope it doesn't have some sort of pesticide on it as your OBT will consume that as well.

3. darksidemxer

darksidemxer Arachnopeon

FL
    i will be sure to fish it out then...its tiny though lol like pinhead cricket tiny.

4. bholmes

bholmes Arachnosquire

I have had that happen from time to time. I usually just leave them be and they die in a few weeks.

5. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

its most likely a common house spider..i have some getting in with a few of mine...they help catch the moths that get out of the cricket and roach tubs...i have had 1 living with my discoids for some time now...i dont even bother them unless i have to

6. Your OBT won't eat it, but I'd remove it anyway.

I find them in my enclosures all the time.