A. sp "fasciculata" growing up

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally managed to get a pic of 1 of my A. sp. "fasciculata's". Its rare for them to stay still long enough to get the camera focused. This little lady is now 2 inches when all sprawled out so probably 1.75 inches in resting pose.

Another that is growing nicely is A. sp. "amazonica"

I also have 2 new additions. This little lady is feisty to say the least lol.
X. immanis

Bought this lady as B. verdezi but she probably isnt verdezi after all.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Love your avis, can't get enough of them. Great shots!!!

PIG-

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Seanbond and PIG :D

That is definitely NOT a B. verdezi. Looks like a hybrid of some kind. I'm not even 100% sure it's a Brachy. :confused:
There does seem to be some debate over what she may or may not be. Can you point out what makes you think she may not be Brachypelma? She is a lovely spider wehatever she turns out to be :)

It could be B. verdezi, non-cephalic 'V' variant. Check it out on Rick C. West's website: http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/p.php/714
But from a single picture it's probably hard to tell accurately.
Thank you :) I hadnt seen that pic before and there are some similarities but the chelicerae of the one on Rick West's site look to be dark and are light coloured on my girl. As you say though, its hard to tell from 1 picture. It could be down to lighting.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Mikhail F. Bagaturov knows a lot about Brachypelma. If you can make more pics, from different angles, with different lightnings etc, he may be able to identify the spider for you. If you'll have her exuviae, that helps a lot as well. Good luck finding out her identity! :)