A. SEEMANNI: The scavenger

Djv44spider

Arachnopeon
I was just curious if anyone else has seen this. I got my A. Seemanni as a pet store rescue and wouldn't go near any live food. I feed my slings parts of superworms so I had an idea to pre kill superworms and leave them outside its hid. Now, I have an eating machine. I kill two superworms and turn the lights off in my spider room and within 30 minutes both are gone. Has anyone else seen this behavior before?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I've had some spiders do this that recently molted/first time eating after molt or with new prey items. But then they get accustomed to it after the first time or so.

Djv44spider

Arachnopeon
I've had some spiders do this that recently molted/first time eating after molt or with new prey items. But then they get accustomed to it after the first time or so.
I tried what it was used to eating, crickets, tried roaches, nothing and tried live superworms with the same result. Now that I pre kill he's an eating machine

RonC

Arachnopeon
How big is your T? Maybe the pet store always pre-killed. Mine ate one pre-killed meal worm just after I got it. Then refused any more. Prefers DIY.

RedSkyzBlueMind

Arachnopeon
My G. pulchrapies did this once, she got mad and bit a cricket I gave her, it ended up dying and she ate it later. They do stuff like that sometimes!

Djv44spider

Arachnopeon
My G. pulchrapies did this once, she got mad and bit a cricket I gave her, it ended up dying and she ate it later. They do stuff like that sometimes!
I'm not worried bc these guys all have their own personalities. I'm happy it's actually eating