A. seemanni molted...

Quiet-1

Arachnopeon
watched it molt into a "he" last night....any comments on my new guy?

Attachments

Last edited:

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you sure it's A. seemanni? The spinnerets look black, which eliminates seemanni as an option. Could possibly be E. campestratus.

Take a look on the underside. If it is grey/orange, it's seemanni, otherwise, it's not.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks a lot to me like a seemanni.

His spinnerets look like they are the orangish color....sort of...

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
scorpio said:
Looks a lot to me like a seemanni.

His spinnerets look like they are the orangish color....sort of...
Well, they seem black to me.

Also, the spider appears to have a reddish hue (hard to determine from pictures, I know), also indicating E. campestratus.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The butt just doesnt look E. campestratuslike enough!...or something.

I think the way the picture was taken made the spinnerets look different.

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
scorpio said:
The butt just doesnt look E. campestratuslike enough!...or something.
But it looks seemanni-like you think? I would have to disagree.

The carapace has a hue I've never seen on any A. seemanni, and the leg stripings seem more faded than what I would expect.

So Quiet-1, is the underside tan or black?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
But it looks seemanni-like you think? I would have to disagree.

The carapace has a hue I've never seen on any A. seemanni, and the leg stripings seem more faded than what I would expect.

So Quiet-1, is the underside tan or black?
the underside of mine seems to be tan and the speneretts are tan and the stripes on the knees are way more poten white then thoes of the pic above. is mine a zebra?

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
the underside of mine seems to be tan and the speneretts are tan and the stripes on the knees are way more poten white then thoes of the pic above. is mine a zebra?
If the underside and the spinnerets are tan - then yes, you have an A. seemanni.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
If the underside and the spinnerets are tan - then yes, you have an A. seemanni.
thanks that what i though. that makes the pic above "not a zebra" cos it dont look like it right.

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
that makes the pic above "not a zebra" cos it dont look like it right.
Hehe, well, not quite.
The common name for E. campestratus (not saying that's what is depicted, only suspecting it) is Pink Zebra Beauty, so the confusion easily gets total here.

Quiet-1

Arachnopeon
the underside of it is an orange/tan color, and the spinnerettes are a brownish color....sorry about the pic, but he darted and that was all that i could get.

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Quiet-1 said:
the underside of it is an orange/tan color, and the spinnerettes are a brownish color
And there we have it. Overmenneske was wrong.
And I could have sworn those spinnerets looked black... But - as we all know - trying to argue something based on a (single) picture is at best optimistic.

Quiet-1

Arachnopeon
More pics....

I am not on my home computer at the moment, but have more pics of him there. I will try to post some more and hopefully they will help clarify what species this is. It was sold to me as A. seemanni, but mistakes have happened before....I like it either way! Thanks for the input as I am still trying to learn as much as I can as I go along.....