A. Seemani Gestation?

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long is the gestation period of A. Seemani?? :confused:

I think mine is already preparing to lay eggs.. webbing up her enclosure.. :clap:

I bred her first week of December.. isn't it too early for her to lay down eggs?? :confused:

or might be preparing for a molt.. (keeping my fingers crossed).. but the bald patch on her abdomen doesn't show she's up for a molt.. it's still on the brownish/tan color.. :rolleyes:

will try and post pictures later..

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pics of Her..

took some shots outside her enclosure.. sorry for the low quality pics..

what do you guys think?? is she gonna be laying some eggs?? :confused:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have no idea :?

i had an e. pachypus who created a big "bowl" outside her entrance, and i thought she was going to pop out a sac (infertile, since she wasn't bred), but she just made it and left it forever.

a december breeding seems too soon ago for a sac, but who knows! i heard a. avics can lay a sac within a month of breeding.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have no idea :?

i had an e. pachypus who created a big "bowl" outside her entrance, and i thought she was going to pop out a sac (infertile, since she wasn't bred), but she just made it and left it forever.

a december breeding seems too soon ago for a sac, but who knows! i heard a. avics can lay a sac within a month of breeding.
yes that's what i'm thinking too.. it's too early to lay a sac.. she was bred two times.. December 6 and December 12.. from the same male and same successful results.. insertions from both palps from the male.. she was pretty receptive and didn't show any aggression on the male.. :rolleyes:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
What is that white material under her?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I think she setup shop inside the empty water dish.

I think she could drop on you. She looks gravid.
I think so too. It really looks like she's building the bowl shaped hammock and webbing it up.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yep she webbed up atop her water dish..

she's laying eggs right at this very moment..

will try and post pics later..

is it really normal for her to lay eggs this early..??

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
yep she webbed up atop her water dish..

she's laying eggs right at this very moment..

will try and post pics later..

is it really normal for her to lay eggs this early..??
I don't think there really is a SET gestation period. It's definitely influenced by outside factors such as weather, availability of food, etc. It's more like a range, and IMHO, that isn't even very reliable.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for your insight MizM.. I'm really glad to see my A. Seemani laying her eggs.. :clap:

I just hope the eggs make it through to the eggs with legs stage and eventually to the slings stage.. then so on and so on.. :D

as this is my first Sac.. can you give out pointers to avoid the eggs being eaten by mommy.. :confused:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Thanks for your insight MizM.. I'm really glad to see my A. Seemani laying her eggs.. :clap:

I just hope the eggs make it through to the eggs with legs stage and eventually to the slings stage.. then so on and so on.. :D

as this is my first Sac.. can you give out pointers to avoid the eggs being eaten by mommy.. :confused:
The only sure thing is to pull it... and I've never done that. I simply don't have the time.

There is really not a lot you can do but keep her in a quiet place. There really is no way to know for sure why they eat their sacs, it happens. I have one female, a G. aureostriata, that has eaten every sac she's had. I have another girl, a B. vagans, that's eaten every MALE she's had!!

Best of luck, snipping open that first sac and finding live little ones is a felling I'll never forget!

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pictures as promised..

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Wow, she looks like she's doing a pretty good job. Hope she gets it all wrapped up right!

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah she did a very good job.. i even saw her rubbing her legs on her abdomen atop the eggsac.. some urticating hair protection outside the sac i guess..

she's closely guarding her sac near the entrance of her burrow.. will leave her undisturbed for a month before i pull the sac out.. :clap:

i hope she'll be a good mama!!! :rolleyes:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats! have fun with all your lil babies.

Hey, as a complete detraction from the subject of this thread:

I've noticed that sometimes t's seem to ba attracted to electrical fields. Does your seemani spend a lot of time in the corner near that electrical outlet behind her tank?

Last edited:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very cool pics, looks like a good momma hard at work.
GL:clap:

PIG-

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats! have fun with all your lil babies.

Hey, as a complete detraction from the subject of this thread:

I've noticed that sometimes t's seem to ba attracted to electrical fields. Does your seemani spend a lot of time in the corner near that electrical outlet behind her tank?
she stayed there for quite some time.. most of the time when she's out of her burrow (which is directly perpendicular to that outlet) i'd see her on that corner.. dunno if it's really about the outlet or it's just the water dish.. which she covered up with dirt.. :confused:

@ WARPIG
yeah thanks!!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! That's quite the sac. I have an A seemani and he's so nervous. I can just imagine a whole sac full or jittery little slings running all over! LOL Good luck with them.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep, just pull the sac at around 30 days. i would give it 35 days, just to make sure, but 30 is usually a pretty good time.

follow this link: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=17496

i've had success with the hammock method. just whatever you do, don't let moisture touch it :)

let's just hope there's no moisture in or around the water bowl where she built the sac

dan

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks guys!!

oh and another question.. should i offer her food or just leave her alone til' i pull the sac out? :confused: