A P.langenbucheri ?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone with any REAL experience know AROUND what size the females are sexually mature?I just had a male mature,and am really hoping that out 3.75-4 inch girl might be ready.I mean REALLY REALLY hoping...He is a LITTLE guy,MAYBE 3.5 inches. Smallest Psalmo MM I have ever seen....Normally I would check her molt to see if her lady parts were developed,but she shredded this last one.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Well, you can always try pairing them and hope for the best... Not sure if you have really small MM, or this is normal size for them to mature

poisoned

Arachnodemon
Maybe you should contact M. Scheller, he has experience with P. langenbucheri.

Maybe try with shark tank and see if you get any response?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As far as I know from people over here they max out around 4.5"-5.5" - but that's only hearsay and reading, Brett. Sorry.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well,they paired,and are pairing as I type.Turns out our 3.5 inch female is sexually mature....Now to cross our fingers,and get our other girls up to size.....First US pairing???

poisoned

Arachnodemon
Well,they paired,and are pairing as I type.Turns out our 3.5 inch female is sexually mature....Now to cross our fingers,and get our other girls up to size.....First US pairing???
That's great! I hope she lays a healthy sac for you!

How did you proceed mating?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's great! I hope she lays a healthy sac for you!

How did you proceed mating?
Just introduced the male to her enclosure,and after a minute she charged him,and they danced around for maybe 20 minutes.Then 2 fast insertions,and he ran like heck. Reminds me a lot of Tap pairings.Now the wait begins.....

Bast

Arachnopeon
Congrats on the pairing! Wish you much luck with the future sac and babies :)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Anyone with any REAL experience know AROUND what size the females are sexually mature?I just had a male mature,and am really hoping that out 3.75-4 inch girl might be ready.I mean REALLY REALLY hoping...He is a LITTLE guy,MAYBE 3.5 inches. Smallest Psalmo MM I have ever seen....Normally I would check her molt to see if her lady parts were developed,but she shredded this last one.
These are a smaller species of Psalmopoeus. Adult female's body lengths are 4-5cm(1.5"-2")

Good luck with them! :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Chad!!Pretty excited about this one,as no one stateside has really worked with them.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
UPDATE.....Eggsack produced 7-2-13.Very small,I would be shocked if it held more that 35 eggs.
Female #2 has also been paired,and consumed a male this past week.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
UPDATE.....Eggsack produced 7-2-13.Very small,I would be shocked if it held more that 35 eggs.
Female #2 has also been paired,and consumed a male this past week.
Glad to hear - please keep us posted on the progress. Curious about these!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well,even though there is not much interest in these guys for some reason,here is another update...Female 1 with the sack consumed it after 10 days.Female 2 is now holding a sack the size of a quarter,and female 1 has molted to 4ich inches,and is currently gravid again.Pairings are very straight forward,and gestation times have been right around 50 days till sack production.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Sorry about the first sac. Hopefully you'll get a good one soon! :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aww, sry about that sac. Hope the next one will be good! They usually have 50-60 eggs btw.

Some info (German, need translation program) that might help: CLICK

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck on this one bro. Hopefully there is alot of slings in there to go around. And you sure know im interested.

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also wish you luck and have interest in acquiring some of the offspring since I posses all the other psalmopoeus's species.