Basin's Amphibians

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Poor bugger. Hope it was a quick death.

They're fantastic little rascals aren't they? I'm leaving Stheno alone now for a few days to settle in. I'll just change her water.
I hope so too. One thing that gives me a little bit of hope is that my dog was never a big digger, so this makes me wonder if maybe the salamander was already dead and out of it's burrow. This was many years ago though, so I never got to look at it for myself.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I hope so too. One thing that gives me a little bit of hope is that my dog was never a big digger, so this makes me wonder if maybe the salamander was already dead and out of it's burrow. This was many years ago though, so I never got to look at it for myself.
That'd be nice if that's the case.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
That'd be nice if that's the case.
It wouldn't surprise me. He was more of a barker than a killer. All we'd have to do is say the words "bird" or "squirrel" and he'd be at the door in a heartbeat barking loud enough to wake the neighborhood. :rofl: He even chased/barked a bear up a tree in his older years.

Thankfully with a captive one, you should have it set up so it's safe from meddlesome puppies. Although Typhon is so massive I wouldn't be surprised if he's evolved to learn basic human technology at this point. :rofl:

But back on point, I wish you the best of luck with Stheno. She's so pretty!

basin79

ArachnoGod
It wouldn't surprise me. He was more of a barker than a killer. All we'd have to do is say the words "bird" or "squirrel" and he'd be at the door in a heartbeat barking loud enough to wake the neighborhood. :rofl: He even chased/barked a bear up a tree in his older years.

Thankfully with a captive one, you should have it set up so it's safe from meddlesome puppies. Although Typhon is so massive I wouldn't be surprised if he's evolved to learn basic human technology at this point. :rofl:

But back on point, I wish you the best of luck with Stheno. She's so pretty!
Thank you very much.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Fed Stheno and an update on her enclosure.

For those that won't watch the video here's her improved enclosure.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Fed Stheno and an update on her enclosure.

For those that won't watch the video here's her improved enclosure.

You may want to cut that worm in half next time, it's a bit much to take in :D
Amazing what they can stow away though. Axolotl are just as greedy, I'm looking at them like, 'maybe this worm is a bit too....oh. nevermind' :rofl:

basin79

ArachnoGod
You may want to cut that worm in half next time, it's a bit much to take in :D
Amazing what they can stow away though. Axolotl are just as greedy, I'm looking at them like, 'maybe this worm is a bit too....oh. nevermind' :rofl:
Axolotl are salamanders that haven't left the water so I'm not surprised.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That was a hellbender cold blood found! I had a axolotl that was 12", I wouldn't be real surprised to see a 13"er but over that, prob not. Yeah salamanders rock, so weird, "Whaaa?!, that's more related to a frog than a lizard?! ....get out!" I've never found one in the wild. I found the Smallmouth, sirens, the Slimy, some newts but the Tigers just weren't around where I lived, the range maps says they were there but I had no luck. Basin, do you know the locality info on yours? They are bigger, smaller, yellow, barred, etc., depends on the locality.

basin79

ArachnoGod
That was a hellbender cold blood found! I had a axolotl that was 12", I wouldn't be real surprised to see a 13"er but over that, prob not. Yeah salamanders rock, so weird, "Whaaa?!, that's more related to a frog than a lizard?! ....get out!" I've never found one in the wild. I found the Smallmouth, sirens, the Slimy, some newts but the Tigers just weren't around where I lived, the range maps says they were there but I had no luck. Basin, do you know the locality info on yours? They are bigger, smaller, yellow, barred, etc., depends on the locality.
I'm unsure on the origins on mine.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
That's a really cool looking salamander, enjoy the new pet. I still don't have any type of reptile/amphibian but I want some in the future...