Basin's Amphibians

basin79

ArachnoGod
That's a really cool looking salamander, enjoy the new pet. I still don't have any type of reptile/amphibian but I want some in the future...
She's absolutely fantastic. I was just feeding my Rhombodera basalis and she came up to the corner of her enclosure wanting to be fed.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I had one of these back in grade school.....caught it dried up in a gutter on deaths door...maybe 4-5" at the time...when I released it 5 or 6 years later, it was absolutely gigantic...pushing 18" if I recall correctly......incredible appetites.
Maybe a traditional Chinese medicine shop lost one of their Chinese giant salamanders and it happened to end up in a drain

In all seriousness though 18" sounds absolutely massive for a tiger salamander, amphibians are capable of growing very large given the right amount of food and space, well above the usual size range of their species so who knows

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Watching your vids is like looking back in time.

I'm just gonna leave this here. excuse the inaccurate title, I think whoever runs BBC's YouTube channel can't tell the difference beyween a giant amphibian and a crocodile

basin79

ArachnoGod
Watching your vids is like looking back in time.

I'm just gonna leave this here. excuse the inaccurate title, I think whoever runs BBC's YouTube channel can't tell the difference beyween a giant amphibian and a crocodile
Its funny as watching Stheno walk from above reminds me of a crocodile.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice pics. I've never caught or saw a Tiger in the wild unfortunately. I have caught and released a Spotted Salamander, it was gorgeous!