A.Met Having trouble sticking

Sporkman

Arachnopeon
As the title suggests my A.metallica is having trouble sticking to things. He seems to be continuesly falling off and not being able to climb up the glass and various objects in his home. Whats wrong with my little Jigger, he used to be like some kinda monkey/superglue hybrid. Help!

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sporkman said:
As the title suggests my A.metallica is having trouble sticking to things. He seems to be continuesly falling off and not being able to climb up the glass and various objects in his home. Whats wrong with my little Jigger, he used to be like some kinda monkey/superglue hybrid. Help!
Is he coming up for molt? I've heard that their "pads" start to wear out after a while.

Sporkman

Arachnopeon
i've kinda been expecting a molt for months but theres been nothing. he seems to like falling into his water dish. maybe i got me some sort of 8 legged fish?

Sporkman

Arachnopeon
i'm pretty sure he's a he. does that make any difference to the why he/she/it is having sticking issues?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
what makes you think it's a 'he'? Is he mature? If so, maybe he's getting old. If he's mature, how long has he been?

firben

Arachnopeon
Just a wild guess.. hvat is the humidity in your terrarium?

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sporkman said:
i'm pretty sure he's a he. does that make any difference to the why he/she/it is having sticking issues?
Yeah. When mature males get old, they tend to lose their ability to climb well. I've seen some look pretty uncoordinated, and some that spend their last days on the ground.
If it's not a mature male, there could be a host of other issues going on, one of which is an approaching molt. However, does it have a tube web it lives in?

Garrick
eight

Sporkman

Arachnopeon
i'm not an expert by any definition but i believe he's got some little boxing gloves, and his last molt was sept 2004.

The humidity usually stays at about 60% but i dont trust the stupid little meter thing, the ventilation is pretty good.

He hasn't really webbed up that much, definetly no tube web and he has been on the ground quite abit recently.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I think you might have found the problem....IME, Avic males just don't live that long past maturing. He may be running out of time :(
Sorry....