A.Mauritanicus or A,crassicauda?

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my frined jus bought a pair or androcotnus species , seller say its a.mauritanicus. but hes guess was a.crass. so i wana help him out and post a few pic for you guys to help! luc!! quiz!!! helop help help! hahaha

thanks alot guys! my guess a a.m

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Scorpfanatic said:
luc!! quiz!!! helop help help! hahaha
Since I'm neither of them I will not tell you its A mauritanicus :p

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know what to say bro because I don't have any adult A.mauritanicus. All of my A.m are at 5th instar getting ready for 6th. The last pic looks A.c to me but i'm like you, I can't tell the difference between A.c and A.m. I only rely on their color sometimes.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha brian! sorry i was too eager to find out for my frined! hahaha okok it welcome to all to answer!!!!!!!!!! wahhahahahaha sorry to all!:(

azatrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm thinking....

Mauritanicus....and beautiful bugs at that!

-AzAtrox

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Scorpfanatic said:
heheheh.. hei brian by the way any tips for keeping rh.j ?
Nope thats my little secret;P ;P

Just kidding;) I'm in a silly mood tonight:D

Subadults and adults are kept in plastic boxes like this. Provide some bark so they can get off the substrate in case it becomes too wet when you water it down. I normally try to only wet about half the substrate while keeping the other half relatively dry. The babies are kept like I wrote in the Bark Scorpion thread which I am sure you read. Keep the young separated!!! I lost one to cannabalism so mine stay apart until adult

While we have this box out, lets see what is under the bark:}

Aaaaaaaaaah yes!!!! My romantic couple:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahah eonderful pictures there brian, will do jus that :p~ any way they seem to be very feisty lil buggers at 2nd instar! :p~

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well mate from the pics i'd say 1 and 4 are AM's 2 and 3 look alittle like AC...maybe its just the angle

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When they get older they will hiss at you when you disturb them. Thats the only scorp I have ever had to do that to me

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i mean seriously at that size? i only heard spinifer hissing at me after 5th instar!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Only my adults hiss at me. For a Bark Scorpion they are just pretty fiesty even more than my C limbatus

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Getting back on the subject of Andros, here is my little happy family of A mauritanicus..............

This is Home Sweet Home to 4 girls and 1 lucky guy

One of my lovely girls.....

And here is that lucky guy ;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its a Kritter Keeper that comes with dividers. You have probably seen them before

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Scorpfanatic said:
how big is that enclousre luc,
Wow!!! I even have you thinking I'm him now;P ;P ;P

Hmmmmm!!!! maybe I could do this for living now:liar: :liar: :liar:

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahahah sorry sorry... brian.. hahah how mnay litres is that? i thyinkdimensions would be easier for me to understand. been working late my mind is not controlling my fingers and im not talking righT!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hahaha Walton its about 2.5 ft x 1 ft. I dont know what you would call that in metric since I'm still struggling with that system of measure ;)