A high while hitting a low

Bryce Atwood

Arachnopeon
Hey so it’s 2:30 am (I’m not good at sleeping) and I decided to check on everybody knowing my Brachypelma Albo is in premolt and went through a successful molt looking fresh now this was great because I lost my first T a Chaco golden knee sling because of a molt and my sun tiger sling in a molt (gramastola pulchripe and psalmopeous irminia (I can’t spell))
So this is amazing news, and before I get any hate “oh well maybe you should stop because you aren’t keeping them right”.....no stop I’ve been researching for actually years and just started around a year ago now, granted I am kind of a new comer to the hobby, but I am not letting those two losses get my down because these things happen and that’s ok. Pictures of the Albo below. My mom named her her name is Sissy

Attachments

Congrats :D Don't let those unfortunate incidents put you off the hobby, bad molts happen, especially when you're starting out.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
A few years ago, I finally got a long-desired species,an A. geniculata sling. At about three inches, it had a horrific moult. It got out of its original exo okay, but somehow a piece of the new exo on the abdomen came away with the old. It was doomed. I was absolutely crushed. But it happens and ya just have to jump back into the saddle if and when it does.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome!!! Unexpected molts are seriously like Christmas morning to me! Ha! :D

Bryce Atwood

Arachnopeon
A few years ago, I finally got a long-desired species,an A. geniculata sling. At about three inches, it had a horrific moult. It got out of its original exo okay, but somehow a piece of the new exo on the abdomen came away with the old. It was doomed. I was absolutely crushed. But it happens and ya just have to jump back into the saddle if and when it does.
Yeah, and I’m sorry to hear about your A. Geniculata ive been wanting that species for a long time too