1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good night walk

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by Camman1983, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Camman1983

Camman1983 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    IMG_3862.JPG IMG_3869.JPG IMG_3868.JPG IMG_3863.JPG IMG_3856.JPG IMG_3717.JPG IMG_3715.JPG Just finished a 5 hour night walk around one of our rainforests. I would class it as successful in terms of wildlife, I encountered 5 leaftail gekos (my highlight I love these things) several different millipedes, crickets, roaches, a few frogs, a nice scrub python, little centipedes by the bucket full, a velvet worm, lots of huntsmans, a net casting spider, a striped possum (that i couldn't resist patting) and a crazy harvestman (that I had to jar to get some pics) - thought I would share some pics (going to have to buy a camera my phone just isn't cutting it)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Camman1983

Camman1983 Arachnosquire

IMG_3881.JPG IMG_3880.JPG IMG_3874.JPG IMG_3875.JPG IMG_3876.JPG IMG_3858.JPG IMG_3871.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Nice man! I wonder where you found all of these ;)

4. Camman1983

Camman1983 Arachnosquire

Literally 20min drive from home Far North Queensland in the mountains behind cairns I won't go into exact specifics because I think the geckos get the crap poached out of them as it is.

5. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Near Daintree, Mossman?

6. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    Hey thanks for the pics, I haven't been out taking pics in a long time, maybe it's time to do that again.

7. Camman1983

Camman1983 Arachnosquire

IMG_3899.JPG IMG_3935.JPG IMG_3933.JPG IMG_3911.JPG IMG_3903.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3897.JPG Another walk - found some glow worms this time (considerably more boring to observe then I would have imagined)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    Nice finds! Love that possum.

9. Now I want to got to Australia! Awesome finds! Wish I could get my hands on some of those specimens (invertebrate wise)!

Thanks

10. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

And learn the Australian wave? Where the midges and mossies are measured in tons per square hectare? Recalling my cousins kid taking me on a midnight ramble in the Daintree and wondering how many pints of blood I was donating per hour. Encountering a palm like organism with spikes that easily penetrated engineer boot leather and Vibram soles. Or the great joy of the bush, discovering a little late your makeshift gunny shrub has a green ant nest.
    Loved Oz. But I prefer it in pictures from several thousand miles.

• Like Like x 1