A. Gigas problems

mukmewx

Arachnosquire
You think it might be molting aboveground? I've had it happen 2 or 3 times.
I hope so, but how long does it take to show signs?

I learned the hard way if they are slow moving or maybe curled up in an area and not acting normal the best thing to do is leave them be. They will either come around by themselves or die but if you disturb it when its molting or doing some other weird millipede thing it will for sure die. I am just hoping your millipede is cold and curled up for a sleep or is molting and is fine! (a lot of millipedes migrate when cold weather strikes!)
Thanks for this, I haven't touched him, I try not to ever touch them. Display only.

How about putting the heating pad on the lid of the cage, or using an incandescent or low wattage heat lamp. They can survive like 50 degree temperatures no problem in my experience....might not be the happiest though.
I have a 60 watt heating lamp on during the day and at night I have went ahead and put the space heater in here, I put it at a low setting, so it only turns on sometimes. I stopped using the heating pad, I like it better safe then sorry. It never gets below 60F

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm mad at myself for not writing down the exact time, but I've seen medium sized pedes take weeks to finish molting.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
I don't think there's a problem if it never gets below 60*F. They must experience lower temperatures in their natural environment. If I search for South Africa weather where I know for sure AGBs have been found I get lows in the high 50 just for this week. I don't think you need any heating...maybe others can chime in.

I hope so, but how long does it take to show signs?

Thanks for this, I haven't touched him, I try not to ever touch them. Display only.

I have a 60 watt heating lamp on during the day and at night I have went ahead and put the space heater in here, I put it at a low setting, so it only turns on sometimes. I stopped using the heating pad, I like it better safe then sorry. It never gets below 60F

mukmewx

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone, he had left its hiding spot and halfway buried itself. No way to tell if its still alive and kicking, I tried to fashion a long straw to smell it (lol) but couldn't tell if I smelled anything. I don't wanna touch it you know.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
I personally would just grab it and see how it is. But then maybe I'm a little reckless.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
you'll definitely smell a dead millipede. You'll smell it several feet from the tank. they smell like a rotting mammal, very unpleasant.