A few more shots of mature female Liphistius

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Hi
Have you got possitive IDs on these two Liphistius sp. ?
Have you got any collection data also? It's just to me they look like very....well lets just say I think I have seen them before as I can't be arsed to repete myself on deff ears.:rolleyes: ;)
Nice photos though.:)
Cheers
Chris

Iggy

Arachnopeon
Chris,
As far as positive ID goes, from reading the papers that are out there and various collection rumors/reports that have been floated around I am pretty certain of their ID. I am working on getting some first hand collection/locale information to help as well. As far as the 2 species looking similar (I think that is what you were getting at, if not I am sorry to put words in your mouth) I would agree loosely. But if the spiders in the photos were next to each other you would see that other than the difference in coloration (which the murphyorum from the photo is a very drab example of that species) the malayanus is a good deal larger and more stout in comparison to the murphyorum. I will post some photos of some other individuals of both species and both sexes in the future. I hope this helps answer your questions a little bit. Cheers Iggy

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks pretty cool. I like the patterns on the butt.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had 3 individuals taht were sold to me as murphyorum and were bright colors and bright bands. 2 of them moulted out black as night. the 3rd moulted out looking just like your individual posted.... the reddish brown with slight bands. course, it didnt moult out near as big as the others. i would like to get more and set them up in a communal setup as my malays are just incase they do turn out to be a different species.

come to think of it... some of my large spiders have those same colors and shorter, more stocky legs than malayanus. i think this whole thing might be as bad as aphonopelma.

-josh

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
I am pretty certain of their ID.
Hi
Well I will just take your word on that but I am no way convinced. ;) Nice spiders though.:)
All the best
Chris

Sorry I forgot to ask. What is to body lenght of that L. murphyorum? Looks to be a nice size.

Last edited:

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Hi Josh
Could you post up pics of your species that were sold as L.malayanus and the other two Possible other species you have. Did you ever get around to doing those burrow pics that show a difference in the radials?
Also just a quick one... How long have you been keeping these now (this question also to Iggy)?
All the best
Chris

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
For Iggy

Read my Sig and you will see that sending me PMs is a waste of time.;) Please just say here or by email or you could PM me on the BTS site as my PM box is not yet full on that site.
All the best
Chris

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks pretty cool. I like the patterns on the butt.
So do I! I'm going to research the 2 to see what I can come up with in my Insect Blog which I haven't updated in eons due to the recent and very stressful crap that I'm in right now.

Even as I type this I'm suffering ( people upstairs giving me <edit -MrI> headaches! :mad: Want them dead sooooo bad ). Any way keep me posted on the 2 wonderful spiders!

Black Widow88

P.S. Sorry about the language.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tescos, i have not gotten around to taking those pics yet. i actually dont even have my camera. i left it at a friends house and its been there for way too long now. i will try to get some pics when i have my camera back.

-josh

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about the warning points.

-MrI
:8o No need to be sorry. Your just doing your job. I was under alot of stress when that post was made. Mind you my life is really getting on my nerves atm. And I wish things would just stop. :( It really sucks.

I do have a question about the points though so could you message me explaining how it works? Thanks! Again very sorry. Wish that I could go and still edit it.

Black Widow88