A. Bicolor breeders...

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been breeding other scorps for a while, but was wondering how Bicolors are? Most of my scorps just go at it, you just have to make sure the tank is set up good and you do your part in misting and heat and darkness or etc...
What about the Bicolors? :?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will trying to breed mine later on so I might have some info then. I just hope it isn't disastrous.

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm..

It's going to be scary getting them together for the first time. But SkinheadDave said that he heard it is fairly easy to get them to breed and raise. He suggests just raising the temp a lot to induce it, which he said was the key. As far as I know, they don't need a whole lot of humidity, maybe 50% at the most. It's still scary getting into a new species and trying to breed them, there is always going to be a learning mistake made, we just should be on our toes, so as to not make such a big one. I'd still like to talk to someone who does it regularly.

chulopiscinas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
I think 50% humidity is too high for an androctonus bicolor.
i think the same, it,s semi desert, and in very pages , i read less humidity.

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good to know....

Thats good to know about the humidity. I heard misting them once a day, but only enough to barely form any droplets on the side of the tank is okay. The heat thing is very important I know, but as to everything else....I guess I'll see. They will be different then my C.gracilis and B.Jacksoni I know that. All the scorps I have now are communal and not desert species.