A. avic has white mouth crud......

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wonder if methylparaben would work. It is primarily used as a food preservative but I put it into my fruit fly cultures to cut down on fungi and bacteria. It doesn't kill yeast (the fruit flies eat yeast), and obviously is harmless to the flies. You can get it from Carolina Biological Supply but it is a little pricy.
Karen N.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
All of this is VERY interesting!! Buspirone, from what I can see that looks like what I saw in my A. avic's mouth. AND I just fed her three days ago. As long as she is eating and acting normal I'm not going to worry, but I think I'll bake any substrate from now on. I always keep the enclosures dry with a full waterdish.

Code Monkey- you should have seen my boyfriend's face when I told him my tarantula had a yeast infection!!=D

Since I fed all of them with the same batch of crickets I'll check the B. albo in a minute.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Excellent informative thread. These are the kind of threads that should be put under some type of FAQ listing.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As a precaution I started to dip my maintainence tweezers in grain alcohol and flame them between enclosures. I always put the same waterdish back into my T's enclosures but lately have been considering getting a couple sleeves of appropriate sized deli/condiments cups and tossing out waterdishes between use. I havn't seen any indication of this "condition" spreading to any of my other tarantulas.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how did u hold the t down to do his my avic is quite small and fast what should ido cm?
mike