A.avic Enclosure (pcs)

Ryujia

Arachnosquire
As some as you may know, I recently got an Avic avic from a local petshop. Up until this point, I've had desert dwelling terrestrials. I had put my Avic in a sideways turned, shallow KK, but could never see it from the front, so while out today, I found a neat cheap container. I've burned holes into it, and decorated, and I really like it. Just wondering if it's enough ventilation for it and everything.

As you can see below, I tried to keep most of the front of the enclosure free of airholes so they don't get in the way of viewing the A.avic. Though there are 3 holes along the top, and 2 on the bottom, is this ok?

Thanks in advance! :p

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
THe airholes seem fine, however, I would probably get a taller, narrower enclosure for an Avic..

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Looks better suited for a humidity loving terrestrial, like AbraCadavar stated a taller narrow enclosure is better for avics. Mine rarely ever went down unto the substrate.

Beautiful setup nonetheless.

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
given that size of T then the enclosure looks great (i work on generally a minimum of 4x legspan in height for aroboreals.

Nice T btw, I have one that looks just like it and is the same size :D

Ryujia

Arachnosquire
Is the abdomen supposed to be that small? I have mostly terrestrials, and the abdomens are roughly the same size of the carapace, but this one, when I got it, it was TINY! I was a bit worried it was underfed, and have given it roughly 5 crickets in the week I've gotten in, and it's happily taken them all. The first 2 crix didn't even stand a chance!

And I'll be working on a new, narrower and taller enclosure once I see if a local place has some vermiculite and check out Michael's as well.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
generally arborials are smaller overall then terrestrials and have smaller abdomens. Something like a brachypelma falling a couple inches could split its abdomen, so for avics who are constantly at heights and have small falls once in a while a small abdomen compared to a terrestrial means less change of popping it. It could be a bit fatter, but imo it looks good now.