30 gallon communal?

insanejuggalo66

Arachnopeon
i have a 30 gallon long tank that i want to use is ive thought of making the tank into 4 different enclosures but is it possible to have a communal set up in that size tank

another question do you think its possible that c.sellatus can be in communal

VinceG

Arachnobaron
i have a 30 gallon long tank that i want to use is ive thought of making the tank into 4 different enclosures but is it possible to have a communal set up in that size tank

another question do you think its possible that c.sellatus can be in communal
A 30 gallon tank is enough for a communal.
I've never heard about keeping cyricosmus sp. in communal, so I don't really recommend it.
If you search through the different threads ( There are a lot talking about communals ), it will give you an idea on how to do it and which species are recommended.
Personally, I would recommend Holothele Incei, since it is a really interresting species and they are doing quite well in communal.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
while ive never heard of them being communal they may tolerate eachother , at least for a while... i dont reccomend trying it for obvious reasons but if ya do keep us posted

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I second H.incei.... alternatively you could put it on end and do a pokie communal, just be careful.

insanejuggalo66

Arachnopeon
I second H.incei.... alternatively you could put it on end and do a pokie communal, just be careful.
i'm terrified of the thought of a communal of pokies i am fairly new to the hobby but i'm always looking for ideas. how about the Ephebopus species i doubt they would work as a communal project but i have a chance on getting a egg sack so i thought i would ask.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
i'm terrified of the thought of a communal of pokies i am fairly new to the hobby but i'm always looking for ideas. how about the Ephebopus species i doubt they would work as a communal project but i have a chance on getting a egg sack so i thought i would ask.
I wouldn't try to have some Ephebopus sp. in communal, as I said, just use the search function there is already a lot of threads about communals, it will help you out.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Potential "Communal" genera:

Heterothele spp.
Holothele spp.
Monocentropus spp.

Always exceptions, but typically these genera house a considerable amount of species that tolerate each other. There are other species from various genera as well, but the best long term social experiments work with Holothele incei and Heterothele villosella.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Or put it vertically and have arboreals. Poecilotheria are the most succesful (except for ornata), given that you remove any abnormaly fast growing male and all subadult and adult males as well. I lost half of a communal to a single premature giant guy like this in a span of 24 hours! Avicularia tolerate each other to a lesser extend (but supposedly not versicolor, sadly...) and forget about Psalmopoeus...

*wonders about Lampropelma being communal*

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
The guy isn't comfortable enough yet for pokies, by his own admission. I say go for the H. incei. Interesting critters, thinking about getting one or two myself-my current living arrangement absolutely precludes a communual experiment, but more power to those who can try.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then Avics are cool, saw some in a store, same 5 spiders for two years in a decorative tank.
Cleaning the 'liquid paper' would be the only annoyance...:rolleyes: