2,5 gallon tank ventilation for avic

Mroz

Arachnopeon
hi, just move my avic to new enclosure 2,5 gallon tank with 3 2" holes .
is that enough ??
thx

Attachments

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure about the venilation. I think it would be fine, but I don't have years of experience. I am curious about how you attatched your hinges though. I have a 2.5 gallon as well I wanna use for my P. cambridge once it grows a bit. But am still figuring out the best method for attatching the hinges.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
It looks fine to me, what did you attach the hinges with? just asking cause you have a lock on it. The size should be fine for a juvie/sub-adult Avic, at full grown I would go for a vertical 5gall would do, do you have a water dish or are you misting down the side?.

FearNot

Arachnosquire
I think I spy a water bowl in that photo. ;)

It looks fine to me, what did you attach the hinges with? just asking cause you have a lock on it. The size should be fine for a juvie/sub-adult Avic, at full grown I would go for a vertical 5gall would do, do you have a water dish or are you misting down the side?.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
It's possible FearNot, just hard to see form the pic view and lighting.

Mroz

Arachnopeon
yes i have water bowl ;) and i attach it with a adhesive glue , the hot glue would not hold it ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes i have water bowl ;) and i attach it with a adhesive glue , the hot glue would not hold it ;)
hot glue SUCKS when it comes to glass.

and to answer your OG question, yes that should be just fine

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Yes that is plenty of ventilation , any more and you'll just be misting more.

Mroz

Arachnopeon
yes it was showing 50% . that was the time when i just put water a mist the whole thing for first time .... it showing 70% that should be fine no?

macbaffo

Arachnolord
R: 2,5 gallon tank ventilation for avic

Yes 70% is fine. Don't rely too much on that hygrometer cos it's cheap and might measure wrong after a while.
70% after misting or normally?

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
those hygrometers are never really that accurate, just look at the substrate and go from there :)

TexasTreeViper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Personally, I think three 2" vents is overkill. I use a single 2" vent on my 2.5gals & two 2"ers on my 5gals and I've never really had any problems with mold. I use a jello-shot container as a water bowl & instead of misting, I prefer to add water to the substrate instead.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks fine to me. Might be more than is necessary but the tarantula won't care or suffer any ill effects.