1 T pickup and 1 enclosure pickup from IHS today

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
So I went to IHS today and it was insanely busy! Probably the busiest I've ever seen it. There were so many amazing arachnid stalls, which, to me seemed to be the busiest stalls there! Anyhow I picked up an Idiothele mira sling, which is something I've been after for quite awhile.
IMG_20180923_163037.jpg Also I picked up a new enclosure for my Caribena versicolor which is epic and will be her final enclosure.
IMG_20180923_163152.jpg
Did anyone else go to the show today? If so what did you get?
Hope you all have a lovely week!

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
Nice addition, I. mira are interesting for many reasons.
They really are, I was after a true trapdoor spider but they are pretty difficult to get a hold of. Then thought a mira given the opportunity is the best of both worlds anyway. The colours of them are also fantastic.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
How much substrate is in the I. mira sling's enclosure? Wondering because the container didn't look that full and they're a fossorial species so the more substrate the better.

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
How much substrate is in the I. mira sling's enclosure? Wondering because the container didn't look that full and they're a fossorial species so the more substrate the better.
It's actually pretty deceiving, it's only about 1.5cm from the top. That is just the sling pot I got it in anyways and have since rehoused it into another sling pot where the sub is about 0.5 - 1cm from the top. I like to change the sub on T's when I first get them to some of mine.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hope you design your arboreal setup better, needs more foliage up top. Cork great! I have an AF mira, raised from sling. They do not disappoint, one of the most interesting Ts I own. They will drink from water dishes!

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
I hope you design your arboreal setup better, needs more foliage up top. Cork great! I have an AF mira, raised from sling. They do not disappoint, one of the most interesting Ts I own. They will drink from water dishes!
Just finalised her setup (other than the mesh), thanks for the input! The piece of bark is amazing just found it today at the show for stupid cheap and it is perfect for the enclosure.
IMG_20180923_190630.jpg

They do seem it! I bet she is awesome! can't wait for mine to hopefully make a trapdoor. Yeah, I don't have any water dishes small enough for sling pots :( is there anything you'd recommend, that isn't a small piece of upside down Lego? all of my other T's and spiders have water dishes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just finalised her setup (other than the mesh), thanks for the input! The piece of bark is amazing just found it today at the show for stupid cheap and it is perfect for the enclosure.
View attachment 287417

They do seem it! I bet she is awesome! can't wait for mine to hopefully make a trapdoor. Yeah, I don't have any water dishes small enough for sling pots :( is there anything you'd recommend, that isn't a small piece of upside down Lego? all of my other T's and spiders have water dishes.
The best idea I have heard, and many people use it since I spread the word.... tattoo ink holder on amazon>small plastic cups.

On mira, whatever the sub height is in container, be prepared for it to increase about 3 inches due to excavation.

Better w/those plants.

Last edited:

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
The best idea I have heard, and many people use it since I spread the word.... tattoo ink holder on amazon>small plastic cups.

On mira, whatever the sub height is in container, be prepared for it to increase about 3 inches due to excavation.

Better w/those plants.
Interesting I actually have a friend who's a tattoo artist so I might ask him to see if he has any he could give me, cheers! Ahh yes! sounds exactly like my P. muticus sling they excavate like small moles.... Thanks!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I. mira are fascinating little Ts, congratulations! I don't have room for water cups in my vials and small sling enclosures... I keep my I. mira on moist sub and mist one side of the enclosure.

Ashlynn Rose

Arachnosquire
[Yeah, I don't have any water dishes small enough for sling pots :( is there anything you'd recommend, that isn't a small piece of upside down Lego? all of my other T's and spiders have water dishes.[/QUOTE]

I think some people use upside down monopoly houses for slings, don't they? I thought I saw someone on here using them.

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
I. mira are fascinating little Ts, congratulations! I don't have room for water cups in my vials and small sling enclosures... I keep my I. mira on moist sub and mist one side of the enclosure.
Thanks! I'm sure she will be great for years to come. Yeah, I don't intend on keeping her in the sling pot for overly long, probably a couple of moults.

I think some people use upside down monopoly houses for slings, don't they? I thought I saw someone on here using them.
Hmm that is a good shout! Might have to go fishing for an old copy of monopoly in my loft!