1 baby lateralis roach escaped

MrPromidius

Arachnopeon
So i was feeding my slings with baby lateralis roach when the baby roach decided to jump off the table now I can't seem to find it anywhere. Should I be concerned about having a roach infestation or not?

cold blood

Staff member
So i was feeding my slings with baby lateralis roach when the baby roach decided to jump off the table now I can't seem to find it anywhere. Should I be concerned about having a roach infestation or not?
An infestation would take reproduction, one immature roach is completely and totally incapable of reproduction on its own or at its size.

MrPromidius

Arachnopeon
An infestation would take reproduction, one immature roach is completely and totally incapable of reproduction on its own or at its size.
Yeah I know but what I am concerned about is for the long run, because I have read somewhere that lateralis roach could reproduce without males. Thanks for the fast reply!

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah I know but what I am concerned about is for the long run, because I have read somewhere that lateralis roach could reproduce without males. Thanks for the fast reply!
You read wrong, they are absolutely positively not capable of asexual reproduction. Very very very few animals are.

MrPromidius

Arachnopeon
Alright thanks! Taking your word to calm myself down as I know that experience is much better than unsure articles. :happy:

MrPromidius

Arachnopeon
btw one last question, if any how I became so unlucky in the long run and that one nymph survived, reproduced, and made a small colony. What should I do to get rid of them? If ever should I result to using pesticide then how many hours should my Ts be cleared of that room until the chemical residues in my room disappear?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
btw one last question, if any how I became so unlucky in the long run and that one nymph survived, reproduced, and made a small colony.
The likelihood of it even surviving to adulthood is pretty small but, even if it does, they're not parthenogenic so it will be unable to reproduce on its own.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Milkweed bugs supposedly lose their toxicity when put on a shelled sunflower seed diet.

Margot J

Arachnosquire
You probably shouldn't worry. My hissing cockroaches have had literally hundreds of babies *despite being all females* and I had spotted them occasionally crawling on a window, near a bookshelf... I haven't seen any loose since I moved my four females into a more secure enclosure (they are pets, not feeders :)]

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
btw one last question, if any how I became so unlucky in the long run and that one nymph survived, reproduced, and made a small colony. What should I do to get rid of them? If ever should I result to using pesticide then how many hours should my Ts be cleared of that room until the chemical residues in my room disappear?
If you end up with an infestation somewhere down the line, just use roach baits. That way, you can avoid using harsh pesticides in your home.