Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Zosis geniculatus colony for feeding Portia, Lampona, etc?

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by Nephila Edulis, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Nephila Edulis

Nephila Edulis Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    So I really want a Portia fimbriata and there's heaps of Lampona sp crawling around my house. I think they'd make awesome pets, problem is they only eat spiders. Through some research, I've found that the grey house orb weaver Zosis geniculatus is a small, communal orb-weaver that is not very aggressive and breeds quickly. Would these make suitable feeders? Could I use them to feed other inverts like tiny whip spiders and huntsmans?

2. zosis geniculatus looks to be the ideal feeder species for fringed jumpers according to this supplier here in aus so i'd say you're set. i can see whip spiders maybe going for them, though they might be a bit small for larger huntsman? might take some experimentation, honestly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.