Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Zoropsis spinimana

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by mromero92, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mromero92

mromero92 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I recently ID'd a spider that i have been finding here in sunnyvale CA for as long as i can remember. I believe them to be Zoropsis spinimana which are an invasive species from the Mediterranean. I contacted an entomologist at the california academy of sciences about it. im taking pictures tomorow and was wondering if anyone wanted to see them?

2. interested.

3. Rick McJimsey

Rick McJimsey Arachnoprince Old Timer

Hey, it's the dude from mainroom!
    Yes, I'm interested in pics.

4. Tarantula_Hawk

Tarantula_Hawk Arachnobaron Old Timer

Hehe, we've got lots of them here. Awesome spider in my opinion. :D

5. I have 1 male and 2 females here. Pretty cool spiders, mine are from France.

6. mromero92

mromero92 Arachnopeon

here are the pics i took. sorry if they are a little blurry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tarantula_Hawk

Yea, definitely her. So you're saying there are lots of them where you live?

8. mromero92

mromero92 Arachnopeon

oh yes there are lots here. every year around this time we find large numbers of them inside our house. they are pretty cool spiders and are great eaters too.

9. Tarantula_Hawk

Nice stuff. Very common in houses, the main nightmare for aracnophobics who feel safe inside their bedrooms. {D
    Here's the female im keeping at the moment:
    [​IMG]

10. h55d

h55d Arachnopeon

Does anyone have some tips on how to keep them? My sister rescued a juv one one week ago and I kept it since. Poor thing has 2 broken legs.

I've put mine in a small faunarium at room temperature, put a small layer of substrate and branches and stuff to make a decor and places to climb and hide, and it looks very active at night! I've been feeding it baby crickets and they don't last long until Zoro finds them. I'm interested in your setups!

11. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnoprince Active Member

@h55d, you might have better luck starting your own thread to ask this question, as this thread is 10 years old and the original poster hasn't been on here in 9.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.