Zoospider

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't know if it's been posted before... but has anyone seen the junk they got at the National Zoo? Washington DC.... They have a giant centipede and a T. Blondi (that's probably a burgundy). The Blondi has got to be over 10". Seriously, mine is 7+, and this thing was WAY bigger. I just stood there for like a half hour. Couldn't believe it was real.

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm seriously not joking... Am I the only person that's seen this thing?

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
you should've seen taken pics of it for us to see! most of use don't live in DC you know :p

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I need to pop over and see that the next time i'm in DC. The last time I was at that zoo I wasn't into spiders at all (yet).

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't live in DC either. But it's like the coolest Zoo in the world. So it's worth the drive. They have a huge reptile room full of super-venomous snakes and of course the invert room. They also have a B. Smithi and one other kind I think. In a corner they have those massive golden orb weavers right out in the open, they have a dude watching the area, but you could actually touch them (although you'd get yelled at.). I'm hoping to go back this summer.

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scratch my last post (from 5 years ago), the zoo sucks now. We went last year and half the animals were gone, and they freaking closed the invert house permanently. I believe the Theraphosa from the National zoo was moved to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.

CoinJar

Arachnopeon
They have an interesting arachnid/insect setup at the Nashville Zoo in TN. Their website says nothing about it, but trust me it's there. Alongside their larger tarantulas, they have some exhibits that look like objects, but they are actually arachnid enclosures (they have a black widow in a modified antique miner's lantern). It's pretty neat if you're ever in the area.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
They have an interesting arachnid/insect setup at the Nashville Zoo in TN. Their website says nothing about it, but trust me it's there. Alongside their larger tarantulas, they have some exhibits that look like objects, but they are actually arachnid enclosures (they have a black widow in a modified antique miner's lantern). It's pretty neat if you're ever in the area.
I was wondering why all these names looked unfamiliar.. They haven't posted in a long time! :wink:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I was wondering why all these names looked unfamiliar.. They haven't posted in a long time! :wink:
Lolol ikr i recognized one name ,moltar, and eas like "woah when did he come back its been y...nevermind 2010..." Lmao