Zoo Med vita-sand?!?!

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This substrate is beginning to concern as it not only a very fine sand but also contains plenty powdery dust that sticks to my hands and terrarium glass.

Has anyone any experience with this substrate either with reptiles or inverts? And your reactions?

My greatest fear is a dark scorpion turning orange on me.

Should I switch over to repti-sand?

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You live in Cali, don't tell me you buy sand! :? Boil some beach sand or get a few mates together and take a trip out into the desert, that way you might get both sand and a few scorpions!;)

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Irony, Cali has no shortage of sand but it will be awhile before I'll be taking any trips to either the desert or beach unfortunately. At least in time of the scorpion's arrival. Grr!

I will probably go get some playsand at the local Home Depot. Otherwise, me thinks the bicolor is going to be caked in orange clinging dust which might not be a healthy ordeal for either of us. Heh.

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have always hated that orange rust color powder like sand,i had some in with my euromastyx's before ,and they started turning orange cause of the powder,so i removed that stuff,i dont use that stuff for anything anymore.

ps, it also stained the wood sides of the terraium