Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

zoo med rock heater w/ temp control ?? badd idea?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by superuglyllc, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Advertisement
    i know the old rocks were a no no for everything but snakes maybe , but these new rocks are made a little different these days.. i know im gona get some slack for this post butttt here it goes copy paste from site///

Zoo Meds Repticare® Rock Heaters are made of a hydrated rock material that is twice as strong as cement or pumice, resulting in excellent conductivity and increased product longevity. Hot spots are not a problem with a completely encapsulated full coverage nichrome heating element that distributes heat evenly. Zoo Meds Deluxe Repticare® Rock Heater features a rheostat control allowing you the ability to adjust the surface temperature

Attached Files:

2. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

When more expensive than an ordinary lightbulb, bad idea imo......

3. It is not usually recommended, as the rock can simply become too hot.

Heat tapes, light bulbs, and heating the entire room are the most practical methods, but each have their drawbacks...

4. shebeen

shebeen Arachnobaron

Stick to IR or ceramic heat lamps. They provide radiant heat from above, just like the sun.
    I don't know of any scorpion that needs or has use for a hot rock. Scorpions are not reptiles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.