Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Zoo Med Repti Heat cable

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by white_feather, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Advertisement
    I went to petmountain and saw a heater cable. Is this a good thing? They have a small one that is 11.5' which gives you 5' feet of heated cable and uses 15 watts. I want to heat my scorpion tank, my B. smithi tank and my Pokie sling tank as well. Does anyone heree use them?

2. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

no personal experience with them, but i've heard of people using them. so i assume they work :D

3. i use a 25 footer for my 29 gallon tank and it keeps the temp between 79 and 84 degrees depending on time of day. use electrical tape t secure it i tried duct tape and it got to hot to stay attached. hope that helps:D

4. One entire 25' cable to heat a 29 gal enclosure? Wow.

5. BeakerTheMighty

BeakerTheMighty Arachnosquire

I use zoo med heat cable to heat breeding colonies of worms, I have a decent number of scorpions and spiders on sitting on heat cable that I ran back and forth, and I have a breeding rack of leopard geckos wired with. Just make sure you use something to controll the temperature like a rheostat or a-life.

6. well you have to remember that it is 25 feet including the 6 feet of "cold" cable

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.