Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Zoo med moonlight reptile bulb, is it safe (UV) for my Emperor?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by BMichaelStevens, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Advertisement
    Hello all.
    New here and new to the hobby.
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the Zoo Med Moonlight reptile bulb (the dark blue/purple one) is safe UV wise to keep on at night for viewing.
    I don't want to hurt or agitate my baby,

I'm thinking of using an IR bulb during the day to get peak temp, but want to use a dual timer to switch to this Moonlight bulb at night.

Thoughts?
    Advice?

Thanks in advance

2. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

As long as it's a non UV ray bulb it's fine.

3. Right.
    The box doesn't say it is or isn't. Can't find the answer on Zoo Meds website either.
    It's geared towards reptiles, so they aren't going out of their way to say "non-uv"

Has anyone here used one before? If so, what were your results?

4. ArachnoDrew

Not sure how accurate this is but if true no go

But I know I saw someone using a cool foresty looking night light for his emperor setup . It was nice just not sure what bulb he used

Attached Files:

5. Looks like this says the daylight one has UVA, but again, doesn't mention whether the Moonlight one does or doesn't.
    Grrr. Frustrating

6. ArachnoDrew

Yea daytime use IR for sure. I'm sure you can buy the dual dome housing . Pop an iR bulb in and look for a single non UV night bulb

7. ArachnoDrew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.