Zoo Keeper Exotics?

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone know if Zoo Keeper Exotics in Austin, TX is a good shop to deal with when it comes to snakes, tarantulas, or exotic animals in general?

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live about 4 minutes from ZooKeeper Exotics... Dave the manager is a good friend of mine... They have the best selection of inverts I've ever seen in a pet store...last time I was in they had tailess whipscorpions, baby CB vineagroons, giant african black millipedes, tons of scorpions and tarantulas...

They have a nice reptile selection also...very WELL priced for a pet store (ie...better animals for cheaper than regular pet store prices).

They have every size cricket you could think of for feeders...when I asked for some pinheads last time, they let me choose from 3 different sizes of pinheads-lol..

Well worth a visit... there's even a SLOTH on display in the store!

Graham

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with Graham. I just got back a couple of hours ago from there with 100's of pinheads, and I mean "pinheads". Very informative and they know how to take care of everything. I think many of the inverts in there are raised by Dave himself. I think their major exotic snake person is there on the weekends though, but Dave knows snakes too.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i agree as well...they seem to have a pretty good invert stock goin'. I don't know about thir reptiles though. I would exercise the same caustion there as any place else(as far as captive breeding and what not) otherwise this bad boy is from there!!!!

trosenblad

Arachnopeon
I have bought many tarantulas from there. They have all thrived. Dave has even helped me find people with mature females when one of the t's I purchased turns out to be male. You should see their display of mature breeding stock.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
As a new Texan, I just had to go there to buy crickets. I was amazed to see a huge tarantula selection, all labeled with their proper scientific and common names. Then I found out Dave was the manager... it's a small world!!!

I've been back 3 times now and the shop is always clean, everyone who works there is knowledgeable and really friendly, and I always leave with a big hug from Dave.

Would definitely recommend them!

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so jealous with TX and CA people. So many good petshops selling good inverts. :( Back here in RI, there is... nothing. :(

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i agree as well...they seem to have a pretty good invert stock goin'. I don't know about thir reptiles though. I would exercise the same caustion there as any place else(as far as captive breeding and what not) otherwise this bad boy is from there!!!!

Now THERE'S a smart way to protect your money!