zonbonzovi's myriapod photos

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did you have any luck with the arizonensis pairings? I'm definitely interested here!!

:biggrin:

David

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Did you have any luck with the arizonensis pairings? I'm definitely interested here!!

:biggrin:

David
Frustratingly, nothing has come of any of the pairings yet despite temp changes/seasonal flux/begging & pillow talk. I may repeat the process soon...

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Frustratingly, nothing has come of any of the pairings yet despite temp changes/seasonal flux/begging & pillow talk. I may repeat the process soon...
Good luck. I have a small group of "unsexed as of now adult arizonensis ". I wish that one of you "pede sexers" lived closer to me...

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
David, if you get Chad back over for some closeups give me a shout. He has more than enough skills to get detailed genitalia pics and knockout process is relatively simple;)

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
David, if you get Chad back over for some closeups give me a shout. He has more than enough skills to get detailed genitalia pics and knockout process is relatively simple;)
Will do. Which knockout process do you utilize?

Thanks.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
David, if you get Chad back over for some closeups give me a shout. He has more than enough skills to get detailed genitalia pics.
You know I love shooting genitalia! and not just my own(inverts)! ;)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You know I love shooting genitalia! and not just my own(inverts)! ;)
Thanks a lot for the visual:puke: note, that is not a drool smilie, just want to make that clear. I hear ya John about the ADHD diddly, a few days ago I dropped a couple of arizonensis in a bowl. dootadooda do .."hey I need to go to the store, I want a chocolate covered donut." I'm in HEB, ..."Maybe I should get some beer...naahhh, not in the mood. doodadooodadooo, ...hey, wonder how old she is. ....man they don't have the energy drink I like here, oh well, dootadoooooo ....SON OF A DIDDLY! THE PEDES!" I go back home, they were under water for 1 hour and 38 minutes. No problems though, they were even still moving a little. So yeah, that's the only prob I might have, forgetting about it. I saw a couple come back after 18 hours under water after a heavy rain and run-off into a terr outside. But it took several days for them to get up to speed. Oh yeah great pics btw!, dang ADD!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOWEE! 18 hours underwater. Pretty amazing survival skill.

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 07:23 AM ----------

CO2. My borderline ADHD/multitasking tendencies don't mix with "waterboarding";)
Do you have a link to the CO2 process that you could provide for me? Do you purchase CO2 cartridges or generate the CO2 by some other method?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
^There are some around here and I've been meaning to get another up. If I don't get to it give me a pinch and I'll collect all the other examples and my own and make a thread with everyone's different methods.

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
^There are some around here and I've been meaning to get another up. If I don't get to it give me a pinch and I'll collect all the other examples and my own and make a thread with everyone's different methods.
Thanks for this. I will remind you if I don't see it in the near future.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Order Polyzoniida

Scolopocryptops > Geophilomorpha

Mystery millipede, Santa Cruz Co., AZ...would love an ID ;) 3-4 in. adult size

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I loved this whole thread!

The recent post, that big milli looks an awful lot like one of my "mystery" ones, too. It's got the tentative ID of Orthoporus, but its labelled with a ?? after it. ;) Thought that might help though.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That mystery millipede is quite lengthy and narrow, I suppose it's built like my Texas Orthoporus. I never saw any when I lived in AZ, so jealous!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That milli looks like something that I've seen many of at certain times of the year in w tx, I was told what it was but I can't remember atm, not as common as ornatus though. btw the geo looks injured, has it recovered jk. The Polyzoniida must be tiny.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
The few I collected haven't grown in the past year. They do have the same spirobolid shape but are much less bulky and seem to max out at 4". Who knows?

The Polyzoniida is about the length of a thumbnail...

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
those awesome ruby-red geos are Strigamia. I dont think they even have a species name on the west coast.. They're probably the largest geos you could find in the USA.