Zero tolerance

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This days i do some work with my scorps. General cleanout and new substrate and so on.

So i have 3 rhopalurus junceus. They are big, so i think the now adult. All 3 from the same breed, but one its a lot smaller then the other 2.

So i think i give this 2 guys in one new bigger container, so the have enough room. The one its only a few bigger, but iam not sure about sex but i think the same sex.

So i give she together in the new box, the two goes under the same hide. No reaction, fine.
I watch TV and for sure the container beside me. 30 minutes later rattel and shake the box. O <edit> they figth very argressiv! Ich shake the box and blow inside, they Leaving loose,so i search my biggest tweezer. The a littel bigger junceus search the other around the container, i not see so agressiv scorps ever bevor. Just secounds later i come back with my big tweezer, the smaller placing him self very stupid with the rear site to hes enemy. I can not open the container, already grab the bigger the other once more. I hold quickly the metasoma, ich must hold him very hard and and strong to move him away from the other. Hard figth to bring him out.

When i work in the box my junceus its allways very peaceful and not agressiv. But here i think the 5-6mm smaller one have no chance to survive the next minutes when i am not help so quickly.

Here the wrongdoer, whats that males? :

bigger

other

Last edited by a moderator:

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can't tell exactly what you're asking...but the second pic is the male. He's got the bigger chela and a notch to hold the female.

Chris

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi
I think both the pictures shown are females or sub-adult. Both sexes of this species have notches in the chela so you can’t use that to sex. You can tell males as they have much more bulbous chela then females...substantially more then in either of those pictures and are smaller then females (females get big: 80-90mm). In my experience this species is impossibe to sex when sub-adult.

This species is actually pretty communal...it may look like fighting but after a while they settle down...plus the initiation of mating can sometimes be pretty violent.

Here is my male post moult...notice the very bulbous chela:

Last edited: