Zen Garden Terrarium

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I have some rocks and airplants that I am not yet doing things with so I decided to put together a sort of Zen Garden. I used a shadowbox frame lined with plastic.

I just made this for fun and might change it up.

Attachments

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I want to see more.

Zen garden. Come around a bend in a path there is an ornate stone archway about 5 feet tall. Before it is a flat boulder just right to sit on. Sitting there and looking through the archway a vast 'ocean' strewn with stones lies before you. In the distance at the far end is a beach with a little patio and plants in the crevices of rocks behind much like the OP. Up a few steps among the rocks a tall stately statue of Quan Yin gazes placidly across the distance towards you.
Then stand up and look over the archway. The entire garden is barely 8 feet end to end.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
needs more space, and more ocean so you can better rake the currents. Remember it is as much about nothing as it is about everything. Most amazing one I have seen was @ Osaka Castle

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Too much rock for my liking, I like sand, pebbles, small stones etc to make funky designs etc...nice going to each their own

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Too much rock for my liking, I like sand, pebbles, small stones etc to make funky designs etc...nice going to each their own
The big rocks are going to end up in one of my other (non tarantula) terrariums. I thought I could change it up with whatever rocks I have on hand at the time. I have some nice beach stones too. I do like the height right now since it is on my shelf and it makes it a bit nicer for the view. I would like to move it down to my desk but I have a cat so I need to figure out that obstacle.

Every terrarium I make ends up being apart of my greater space.

Caretaker

Arachnopeon
Very nice Royalty.
Although I'm not very skilled, I've always enjoyed this type of art

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The big rocks are going to end up in one of my other (non tarantula) terrariums. I thought I could change it up with whatever rocks I have on hand at the time. I have some nice beach stones too. I do like the height right now since it is on my shelf and it makes it a bit nicer for the view. I would like to move it down to my desk but I have a cat so I need to figure out that obstacle.

Every terrarium I make ends up being apart of my greater space.
I do love smooth beach stones, I make mini rock cairns w/them

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I do love smooth beach stones, I make mini rock cairns w/them
Ah yes, I seen those. They remind me of what we do here called "inukshuk" those typically use rougher cut stones tho and are usually more humanoid.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Cherry Blossoms along the Meguro River in Tokyo. Quite popular, one has no reason why......
Should start going off in another month and a half
Flying out of Narita 06:00 Sky painted pink from the rising sun. Mt. Fuji in the distance. An elderly man sitting next to me started pointing out places of interest. Vast swaths of the country colored in suble shades of pink. I had just spent 6 days stuck in a hotel going to conferences. I wanted to tell the pilot to go back and drop me off. My only time I visited there during the season.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Flying out of Narita 06:00 Sky painted pink from the rising sun. Mt. Fuji in the distance. An elderly man sitting next to me started pointing out places of interest. Vast swaths of the country colored in suble shades of pink. I had just spent 6 days stuck in a hotel going to conferences. I wanted to tell the pilot to go back and drop me off. My only time I visited there during the season.
Sorry to hear that. What a drag. My time there was spent as a 'kept man' for a fashion model who got lonely. I got to see lots of stuff, went to a sumo tournament and mostly just roamed. I spent the majority of my time in Osaka. I would go back in a heart beat