Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

zebra spider made an egg sac

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by saltyscissors, Aug 16, 2009.

1. saltyscissors

saltyscissors Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    my adult female zebra spider, over my 1 week holiday in scotland, made an egg-sac with about 6 eggs in it although i didnt breed them, she was already carrying eggs or sOMETHING GOD DAMMIT!!!!{D {D {D im still p. happy about it though and when they hatch im gonna let them go into the garden and then i'll collect them next summer :-[)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  2. Kris-wIth-a-K

Kris-wIth-a-K Arachnoprince Old Timer

well.. If you didn't breed them it is a dud sac and no good. If you didn't open them then how do you know it only has 6 eggs in it. That much a a world record for the least about of eggs even if it isn't a viable sac..

3. If it's wild caught as an adult, I wouldn't be too surprised if they were viable. Always worth a try. I didn't think one of mine was pregnant.

I've seen the smaller jumpers have less than 10 eggs before. That's what has always disappointed me about the zebras.

4. EXOPET

EXOPET Arachnosquire

I had a Hyllus sp female lay 6 eggs, but then she laid another sac which looks like it has loads of eggs in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.