Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

zebra spider eggs hatched

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by saltyscissors, Sep 10, 2009.

1. saltyscissors

saltyscissors Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    so um
    they hatched as of today
    2 babies got lost and ive got 2 now that are just sat there doing nothing
    i dont know if theyre dead, or moulting already?idk but either way im worried about them so, any advice?

2. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

if they just hatched, they're probably not dead. make sure they have water as slings are more susceptible to dehydration.

3. saltyscissors

i supplied a damp piece of toilet roll and fruit fly, how long until it moults???days??hours?? i want it to live, this is my last sling, but so far it looks like its going to die:( :( :(

4. saltyscissors

sorry for sounding all high and mighty, but can someone please tell about how early it moults, what i should feed it on, etc?im very worried about it:wall:

5. Widowman10

after they emerge from the sac, they molt at a fairly quick rate given optimal conditions. a few days to a week between molts at the current size and a young instar. i would feed them on something at least their body size or smaller. could be springtails, fruitflies (if small enough), or little bugs from your front yard lawn. make sure there's access to water though (which it sounds like you are doing).

6. saltyscissors

oh ok, its just that i havent been able to feed it since it hatched hours ago, will it still survive?

7. Widowman10

if it just hatched hours ago, don't worry about feeding it right now. i would offer food and just see if it takes it.

8. saltyscissors

okay, but what if its already dead, i dont wanna poke it if its still alive and kill it, but its just not moving

9. saltyscissors

also, its not very good at walking, it limps and sometimes falls, what should i feed it on if it cant jump on its prey? dead aphid?

10. saltyscissors

sdsasdsaasd

11. saltyscissors

thanks for helping, im pretty sure he/she is dead now:wall:
    edit: it's moving again

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.