Zabius fuscus sexing

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a adult Zabius fuscus an was wonderin how you sex them.

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I took the time to search everywhere for an online resource for either a difference in dimorphism and/or Pectinal tooth count for this species and I came up with null. This is the first in a series useless posts of "I don't know, sorry I tried". This species is extremely rare in the states, I really hope someone who actually knows this genus will chime in and help you. Good luck!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If they are all adult and you are sure of that, the smaller more slender ones are the males, the larger bulkier ones are the females. Both sexes have very globose chela, so that does not differentiate them....

to be sure, take a small slender one, put it in a cup and look at the genital operculum, it should have a different shape as the go of the big, bulky one.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks fortunately I only have one adult, one sling. Iv kept scorpions with size dimorphism so my educated guess is I got a girl. Thanks guys.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry i could have chimed in but didnt see thread,the one i sent you was the one i had guessed as a female,sorry i didnt have more lil guys to send,i had actually started with 12 and accidentally lost the other eleven(accidentally left behind a stack of books in my far too crammed basement of insects...uuugh)
good luck in finding a male,they are great
andy

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sorry i could have chimed in but didnt see thread,the one i sent you was the one i had guessed as a female,sorry i didnt have more lil guys to send,i had actually started with 12 and accidentally lost the other eleven(accidentally left behind a stack of books in my far too crammed basement of insects...uuugh)
good luck in finding a male,they are great
andy
Dang man that really sucks. Sry to here that.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just wondering about how many ppl keep the species in U.S? i havent seen them for a looooong time. awesome looking species

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just wondering about how many ppl keep the species in U.S? i havent seen them for a looooong time. awesome looking species
I know I'd love to have at least a pair

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i know there are more out there than thought,i found mine pretty easy and now of at least one brood produced last year for sure.they are a great scorp,and will hopefully become alot more availible in coming years.
andy