youtube handling videos!!!!!!!!

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i dont know? it looks wrong to me treating that animal like that, i wish it would have bit her!!!!!!!!!!!

haasdas

Arachnopeon
I found myself saying "Bite him! Bite him" while watching that;P

+1 Kori

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well...outside of the obvious stupidity and disregard for the animal this girl is showing that not every T that is labeled as defensive is truly that way. I knew a girl once that used to paint her toe nails with her OBT on her foot...im sure the fumes were of NO help to the spiders longevity but it never seemed to care that she was putting it through such stress. It's not that i condone such behavior from any one, if we are supposed to love and care for these animals it doesnt make sense to annoy them. But at least the video gives us a view of something we wouldnt normally consider possible. however in response to the video I say "whoop-tee doo, you can poke and prod your spider without being bit...that doesnt mean you will always be that lucky" ;P

Last edited:

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have two ts that i piss off, a b. smithi and t. ockerti, i pour water directly into the bedding and for some reason they attack it then run away then attack it agian, its kinda funny, but kinda mean , but i need to supply water for humidity too, so i cant win on those two

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a horrible way to handle a tarantula. "hey guys watch this" kind of moment.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This vid has been around for quite some time. I don't see what y'all are getting worked up about.

1. Note the apparent health of the spider. I don't see a bald spot from alot of kicking and being stressed. Looks very well fed and definitely not young, either- so has evidently been in captivity quite some time.

2. You can be almost sure this particular keeper also has had this spider for quite some time. He/she doesn't seem to bat an eye when doing things to this t that would normally get you nailed by even the most docile indiv., even a G pulchra. Last I checked, N chromatus as a species doesn't exactly have a docile-type status.

3. It's kinda strange but by the behavior displayed, the spider almost appears to be enjoying it. {D

No, I don't flip my t's over and rub their belly or mess with/tap around at their business end. But, point is, there are quite a few other handling vids, where the spider IS apparently stressed that deserve a thumbs down over this one. :)

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This vid has been around for quite some time. I don't see what y'all are getting worked up about.

1. Note the apparent health of the spider. I don't see a bald spot from alot of kicking and being stressed. Looks very well fed and definitely not young, either- so has evidently been in captivity quite some time.

2. You can be almost sure this particular keeper also has had this spider for quite some time. He/she doesn't seem to bat an eye when doing things to this t that would normally get you nailed by even the most docile indiv., even a G pulchra. Last I checked, N chromatus as a species doesn't exactly have a docile-type status.

3. It's kinda strange but by the behavior displayed, the spider almost appears to be enjoying it. {D

No, I don't flip my t's over and rub their belly or mess with/tap around at their business end. But, point is, there are quite a few other handling vids, where the spider IS apparently stressed that deserve a thumbs down over this one. :)
Agreed, apart from the enjoyment part (get what you mean though). I can't get worked up about it. The woman is definitely experienced and handling in a far safer manner than many similar vids on youtube.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
+1 on Terry and Londoner's statements.

I WOULD NOT DO THIS, however, she feels exceedingly comfortable in handling that T, and as far as handling goes, she did not do anything dangerous. Again I do not feel the need to handle T's, but that was pretty impressive and alot better than crap I have seen folks do with their T's

That Is one fit T, absolutly stunning.

Don't handle T's, there is no need to.

PIG-

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
+1 on Terry and Londoner's statements.

I WOULD NOT DO THIS, however, she feels exceedingly comfortable in handling that T, and as far as handling goes, she did not do anything dangerous. Again I do not feel the need to handle T's, but that was pretty impressive and alot better than crap I have seen folks do with their T's

That Is one fit T, absolutly stunning.

Don't handle T's, there is no need to.

PIG-
This is true... but the fact that she's so comfortable is s big mistake. She seems to forget that even if it has acted a certain way in the past, it is still a wild animal, and can change its mind in a heartbeat.

So, +1 for not handling, honestly.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For the record I would call that video a "mishandling" video as opposed to a handling vid. Shaking it up and down when it was on her hand. And then grabbing it from behind by the pedicel restraining her as she's walking away. Sorry folks but this is no way to handle your Ts.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For the record I would call that video a "mishandling" video as opposed to a handling vid. Shaking it up and down when it was on her hand. And then grabbing it from behind by the pedicel restraining her as she's walking away. Sorry folks but this is no way to handle your Ts.
I hear what you're saying, but I can't see it. It looks to me like her thumb is on the carapace and her fingers are on the sternum and coxae. I don't see her grabbing the pedicel. Her movements are fairly smooth and fluid, not sudden or jerky. Again, ALL the "show off" handling vids out there present some degree of danger to the T, but I don't believe this one is that bad.

For the record, I never handle my Ts unless it's unavoidable and I don't condone what she's doing. Sure, the T will be experiencing some level of stress but it's temporary. I lean towards the opinion that we don't give these animals enough credit when it comes to dealing with stressful situations.

Just my thoughts :).

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hear what you're saying, but I can't see it. It looks to me like her thumb is on the carapace and her fingers are on the sternum and coxae. I don't see her grabbing the pedicel. Her movements are fairly smooth and fluid, not sudden or jerky.
Not sure if we watched the same video or not my friend.