youtube handling videos!!!!!!!!

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I simply can't be worked up over these things anymore.. I agree with both sides here, in one way, the spider looked in excellent shape, and not overly stressed. On the other hand, I personally would not risk it, for myself, and for the spider.

So I think it was a bit of a tosspot move in the first place, but as no one got hurt, it's really none of my beeswax.. Wouldn't be regardless, come to think of, but in that case I would probably make it my case, because I'm just awesome like that :D

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
There was no stress whatsoever in this video and people are whining over nothing.

1. The person in the video has clearly shown no fear whatsoever to this T.

2. It almost seems the tarantula is familiar with being handled like this. How else do you jab and tap at it's fangs and not get smacked?

3. There was no dropping or squeezing of the tarantula, and like another poster said, it looks very healthy indeed.

4. It should teach others in the hobby to not be so afraid of the defensive types, and actually learn to handle them a bit better. Obviously many around here aren't as good at handling T's as they think, and this video humbled alot of people and now they're upset by it. LOL

I'd love to see ANY of you make a video with you tapping a T's fangs like this one while it's in a defensive posture. Otherwise, cut the crap over nothing. It looked like an incredible handling video if you asked me.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There was no stress whatsoever in this video and people are whining over nothing.

2. It almost seems the tarantula is familiar with being handled like this. How else do you jab and tap at it's fangs and not get smacked?

3. There was no dropping or squeezing of the tarantula, and like another poster said, it looks very healthy indeed.

4. It should teach others in the hobby to not be so afraid of the defensive types, and actually learn to handle them a bit better. Obviously many around here aren't as good at handling T's as they think, and this video humbled alot of people and now they're upset by it. LOL

I'd love to see ANY of you make a video with you tapping a T's fangs like this one while it's in a defensive posture. Otherwise, cut the crap over nothing. It looked like an incredible handling video if you asked me.
Here we go... the same new guy who refuses to listen, talking like he is the most knowledgeable one here :wall:

I hope Dawgpound just gets a nice, big, mean as heck OBT and just goes right in and handles that sucker and see what happens since he knows what he is talking about.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
He knows what hes talking about!(nobody else does) LOL :rolleyes: If you like dawg id love to be on your ignore list. {D :p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oooh, yes, I've been waiting for this! Pass the popcorn!
Whats the popcorn for? We all know DPS is the one to go to here for answers... :rolleyes:

Clearly no stress was on the spider... None at all...

P.S. I grabbed a coconut one for you Fam.. {D

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, come on, this isn't fun! Bring on the badmouthing and evilz! Please? For me?*bats eyelashes*

razor244

Arachnopeon
when i watched that i was thinking not necessary , but not cruel. defiantly not a fan on that vid

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Im sorry but that response spits ignorance all over the place.

1. The fear or no fear towards the tarantula HAS NOTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER on the well being of the animal.

2.Tarantulas are not domesticated. They do not get used to be handled, not in the way you are implying. The fact the he didnt get bitten has, again, nothing to do with the fact that he can very well get bitten if he does that again.

3: You dont need to squeeze or kick an animal in order to provide unnecessary stress and discomfort.

4.Thats just plain nonsense.Thats the response of a ver inmature person.

PS: What that guy did in the video is not worth a death row. Correct. But it is very stupid and unnecessary. One day the T decides to sank her half inch fangs on your hand
and then youll learn.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunately by visiting and encouraging more visiting we're all helping to make it a "popular video".
The person obviously has little regard for his N. chromatus and enjoys showing people the fact. Unfortunately, some people may be encouraged to treat them the same and come to conclusions different to those who know better!
Strange though, every N. chromatus Ive had has been an OBT in disguise!

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Im sure it wont be long before I snap and flame you for your ignorance. Then again someone else may beat me to it. :rolleyes: {D
:embarrassed: Obviously you don't know what the term *ignorance* means which many of you display on this site. I'll assist you.

ignorant - destitute of knowledge or education

Many of you know it alls have proven to know nothing, and the personal attacks consistently prove it. Flaming me is against site rules last I was told by an admin. The fact they allow the same people to do this to others on a consistent basis is what kills me. I'm done with this thread. Waste of time.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:embarrassed: Obviously you don't know what the term *ignorance* means which many of you display on this site. I'll assist you.

ignorant - destitute of knowledge or education

Many of you know it alls have proven to know nothing, and the personal attacks consistently prove it. Flaming me is against site rules last I was told by an admin. The fact they allow the same people to do this to others on a consistent basis is what kills me. I'm done with this thread. Waste of time.
It's funny he knows the definition of ignorant, but he's too ignorant to realize that's how he acts {D

Classic irony :clap:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Buttered or Caramel popcorn? That is the question...