The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rob C, tarantulaguy1976 has some classic vids but they're older. Did he quit the hobby entirely or just quit making videos?

BwR11

Arachnopeon
https://m.facebook.com/tarantulaguy1976/#!/tarantulaguy1976/

He has had some hardships lately and he built an amazing theater room.he hasn't been focusing on any one thing these past couple of years. He is building a new T room, though. I'm looking forward to new videos.

When I first started out I watched a lot of his videos. There's still good information in them and I like the energy he brings to them.

Last edited:

TRection

Arachnoknight
i have seen a a good number of his old videos, and now that beard though, looks like a badass!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Nah, looks like a tool. Which is impressive, seeing as he looked like one before. If he was insufferable back then, I can't imagine what he's like now...
I liked his enclosure tutorials he has a good eye for it. His feeding vids are better than most out there even today.. Alot that are floating around are very bland.. He had good energy.. Didn't really do much educating though.. Which is a shame because he attracted alot of people to the hobby..

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I liked his enclosure tutorials he has a good eye for it. His feeding vids are better than most out there even today.. Alot that are floating around are very bland.. He had good energy.. Didn't really do much educating though.. Which is a shame because he attracted alot of people to the hobby..
Fair enough. I binge watched his videos as a newbie as well, but it didn't take me long to get really sick of his blowhard attitude. But I agree, his enclosures are gorgeous. And the dude clearly knows what he's doing. My beef is purely about his personality.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Nah, looks like a tool. Which is impressive, seeing as he looked like one before. If he was insufferable back then, I can't imagine what he's like now...
He's beginning to look like Rich Piana (if you don't know who that is, do yourself a favor and look him up :rofl:)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
TarantulaAddict, although he often goes months without uploading. But he has great videos and a massive T. stirmi.

Xafron

Arachnosquire
Wow...

I'd seen his videos before, I believe Ungoliant showed it to me. Between the beard, the tats and so on (did I see snakebite piercings in one photo?!), he's almost unrecognizable now. Say what you will about him, but there was a series of videos where he tried really hard to save a dying T and it was rather heartwarming to watch.

I've found EulersK and Tom Moran helpful.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like to focus on people's characters rather than their appearances, and Rob C always struck me as someone of great character. I always sensed great passion and integrity for this hobby and community, and he helped get me into the hobby. Rob C kicks ass!

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I still to this day rewatch some of RobC enclosure videos, when a certain someone used RobC popularity to build his name up as a dealer then Ripp off alot of people I was one of them and Rob even talked to me about it Via PMs on these boards.

But as far as current content creators go I like Dark Den, EulersK and Tom Moran. That video where Dark Den stepped on his sling and he left it in the video even though he knew he was going to get some flak to me showed a pretty strong character. Plus it is excellent worse case scenario video that shows just how unpredictable and fast a T can be. Sad video for sure and a shame it happened, but its also a good reminder exactly how quickly something could go wrong if your not 100% prepared.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been watching those three and they're all good. John3800 is great too and he's still putting out videos.

Edit: Just watched the vid you mentioned about sling transfer gone wrong and I agree with you.

Last edited: