1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

YouTube Channels of Arachnoboards

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by US Arachnids, Feb 19, 2009.

1. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

2. Bugmom

Bugmom Arachnolord

While we're on the topic of YouTube channels, here's a question for everyone:

What do you like to see?

Feeding videos? Long feeding videos or short feeding videos?

Tutorials (how to build X, care of X species, etc.)?

Do you like it when the person filming is talkative or do you just wanna get to the important tarantula business?

What makes you continue watching a video vs clicking away from it?

3. basin79

I'm a sucker for alsorts. I just likes what I likes.

Prodding, live feeding rodents, "bug battle" esque, risky handling, showing off etc gets a dislike and instantly turned off.

That said all the channels I sub to don't do any of the above.

The focus should be on the animal but talking on videos is a plus for me. If I don't like the voice I can simply turn the volume down. So it's a win, win as I might like it.

I'm not bothered one bit how professional or not a video is. Intro or no intro. Edits or no edits. Like I typed the animal(s) is the focus.

One massive thing for me is music. Can't stand it 99.9% of the time. I often turn it straight off instead of muting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bugmom

Bugmom Arachnolord

Same here.
    I'm the total opposite - I love music on videos, especially if it is done in a way that matches the "mood" of the video.

• Like Like x 1
  5. basin79

There are times when the music is really complimentary. But it's rare for me. There is a video on this very thread that had music and it was brilliant. Really fit well. Most of the time though it seems the music has just been added as an afterthought. Filler.

6. Try this.

7. MacDrachma

MacDrachma Arachnopeon

USA
    I like feeding, unpacking, and re-homing videos. Talking is preferred and music is usually not. I also like watching egg sac opening videos. I hope to start making my own here soon!

8. I really like in-depth videos about the species; tutorials; etc. Anything really, especially if the person goes in depth. I'm planning on going more in depth with my videos as far as talking about the species I show but right now it's too much for me to do, so I just do what I do.
    Speaking of which, new video.

10. basin79

My new video.

11. MacDrachma

MacDrachma Arachnopeon

USA
    I went ahead and started making my own videos.

Here is my first.

12. So I was on YouTube and I ran into @14pokies channel. So I figured I'd create a thread where we can all share each others tarantula, invert and reptile channels.

I haven't used my channel in years, but lately I have started to post more and more videos of my tarantulas and other inverts. On YouTube my channel is xthegrimm1x.

Let's see those channels

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Xafron

Xafron Arachnosquire

Nice E. Murinus. I want one. Lol

Edit: I'm curious if those are a bit harder to come by, as so far I have not seen that many for sale. And the ones that are, are slings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron

The dark den by @petkokc is very entertaining;)

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. creepa

creepa Arachnoknight

I realy dig the deadlytarantagirl's. channel...:rolleyes::troll::bag::banghead::angelic:

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. basin79

• Like Like x 1
  17. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron

if youre into thick british hilarious dialect and cheeky vocabulary try @basin79 :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I wouldn't call it a channel, as that implies regular new content, but if I catch one of my tarantulas doing something interesting on video, I upload it here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Toilet training a pinktoe:hilarious:... That has me cracking up! It's the best thing I have ever seen..

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.