Your white whale...?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What T always seems to be just out of reach for you?

Mine's, of course, P. metallica. It's the reason I got into the hobby at all, and yet I still can't justify spending over $180 on a tiny sling... :wall:

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Lucky me! I could get Poecilotheria metallica slings for about 90 dollars each (plus shipping). But I just can't find Aphonopelma bicoloratum slings (even when I'm mexican).:rolleyes: Is not that I can't pay them, just that I don't find them on sale anywhere (I have not seek them for so long, it seems... just more than one year).

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
What T always seems to be just out of reach for you?

Mine's, of course, P. metallica. It's the reason I got into the hobby at all, and yet I still can't justify spending over $180 on a tiny sling... :wall:
I am right there with ya! I have no problem spending 60-100$ for a single sling such as a T. blondi or Xenethis immanis. I am a bit weary of investing 180$ on one sling. I would rather buy a 4" female for 400$ than a sling. I have never had a pokie sling die but if it did i would be furious! LOL I always see them on the list but id rather have 4 or 5 of the other "midgrade" Ts instead! :D I guess one of these days when i am able to make a pretty penny from some of my Adult females i will consider it. :liar: Not to mention i have the desire to have multiples of each sp. :wall:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Lucky me! I could get Poecilotheria metallica slings for about 90 dollars each (plus shipping). But I just can't find Aphonopelma bicoloratum slings (even when I'm mexican).:rolleyes: Is not that I can't pay them, just that I don't find them on sale anywhere (I have not seek them for so long, it seems... just more than one year).
Who must i know to get this kind of deal? Are your sure its not a scam? :?

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avicularia purpurea! I've ordered three so far, one DOA, one almost DOA because of horrid packing and one had a bad molt right before it was supposed to be shipped and died.. Annoys me so much! I just want a ruddy purpurea!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia purpurea! I've ordered three so far, one DOA, one almost DOA because of horrid packing and one had a bad molt right before it was supposed to be shipped and died.. Annoys me so much! I just want a ruddy purpurea!
D'ohhhh... :( Someday!

And yeah, I gotta talk to whoever is selling them for $90, I'd probably sell my soul for that- oh. Wait. Sold that for my Mazda. Fffffuuuuuu-

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
White whale, holy grail. A female Aphonopelma behlei that I catch myself. I currently have one female, a spiderling, and have caught a MM, but the wild female has always eluded me. Dozens of trips into their range, hundreds of rocks flipped, and just endless A. chalcodes. It's been 6 years.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I would absolutely love to get my hands on a beautifull Avic Minatrix! they are above p.metallica on my most wanted list. too expensive tho. :(

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well...on the sense of jealousy my white whales are all the dang Pokies i get my buddy at RIDICULOUSLY cheap prices that all turn out to be female. so far ive gotten him his 2nd P. metallica female, and two P. tigrinawesseli both female. how it works is i find a super cheap deal on something sexed male and then they turn out to be female. upon asking him to sell me one for what he paid for it since i was the one who got him such a great deal in the first place he says "if you had the money at the time, then you coulda got it instead of me". :rolleyes: who needs enemies lol.

sn95

Arachnopeon
I don't know if I have a "white whale" or not. I do however have a want list that I just can't ever seem to pull the trigger on, Poecilotheria metallica, Monocentropus balfouri, and Aphonopelma crinirufum. All of those have been available while I had the cash, but I just never seemed to be able to pull the trigger.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hmm, Lemme see. Well I have brown and white, orange-red and black, black, brown and blonde ones- but no white ones yet......{D

For future reference- There's nothing out there I just absolutely NEED to have....... but there are certainly a few more that I'd like. :)

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With the kind of market I have here and my limitations.... Too many to list.
But My top 3 would be T. Blondi (burgundy or whatever work too.), P. Metallica, and P. Irminia.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
A. purpurea, P. subfusca, and M. balfouri are on the top of my list now. i'm making an end of year resolution; to not give in and order til next year. ;)

reficul

Arachnopeon
Cool!

This is a way too cool thread. I am very new in this hobby and have been googling all the species that was mentioned here.

I didn't even know Metallica is a species of a rather endangered T. Was there a slayer then? lol

Thanks for the post guys!

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Does it have to be a T.
Hydrosaurus Weberi(sailfin dragon) or A Frilled Lizard(have already had one when I was 7,of couse it died).:(
Otherwise an Avicularia Braunshauseni:?