Your Tarantula Wishlist?

What is the biggest reason for a species to be on your wishlist and not on your possession list?

• Total voters

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I need some more info on the following sp. i may get.

Nhandu coloratovllosum
Cyclosternum faciatum

Any pics and other info will be appreciated! Thanks!

James

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
James, I have a very small C.fasciatum ,maybe 1/2" great little T ,very colorful and loves to tunnel.I think you would enjoy them.They dont get all that big as adults if my memery serves me right :confused: about 4-5" but you got to love those colors.
Doug

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
James, I love Cyclosternums about as much as you do Psalmopoeus :)

They are really easy to care for, and look awesome.

You can keep them pretty much the same as a GBB, and most of the time they act similar in manner. I've never had mine kick hair at me. Never gotten a threat posture. Almost always eats without trouble, unless in pre-moult. Simply one of the best pet T species out there, in my opinion. They can be a little flighty sometimes, but nowhere near your Psalmo's speed.

Here's my favorite picture of Casull:

Bill

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have a one inch Nhandu coloratovllosum.
GREAT little eater. Always hungry it seems. Grows fast.
It's a bit flicky but cute when it sticks it's rear up trying to look all tough.
I'll post some pics as soon as I take some.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
JAMES!!!

YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!

;P !!! ;P !!!;P

How many tarantulas do you have right now?

I sure hope you intend on trading and not buying.

Jon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
JAMES!!!

YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!

;P !!! ;P !!!;P

How many tarantulas do you have right now?

I sure hope you intend on trading and not buying.

Jon
I know! heheh
I do trade, but i am selling 1 and buying 2! lol.
I have um.... hold on i need to count! lol
22 and more to come!.....

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Hmmm

Bill's pic is pushing a faciatum up on my next-list! Nice T, man.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
I need some more info on the following sp. i may get.

Nhandu coloratovllosum
Hi James,
Nhandu have some of the worst urticatious setae, so beware of this. Although I know Luc Ross has a major problem with urticatious setae, yet one of the few new world T genera he keeps are Nhandu spp., he says that Nhandu urticatious setae hardly affect him (remember, this is an exception, the setae can be quite bad from what I've heard). In Luc's case, it's a great example of the downfalls of generalizing specifics. Otherwise, all spiders from this genus grow quite large (about an 8" average) and are beautiful to say the least.

That's about all I can add. Have you claimed one of your parents rooms for all these spiders (might be a good time to start sweet talking them ;))???

Cheers,
Steve

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I have my own room! I have plenty of room guys! Dont worry about that, i had a talk with my parents! I need to know where to get a faciatum, i am probably not going for a Nhandu! Thanks again guys!

James

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
I have my own room! I have plenty of room guys! Dont worry about that, i had a talk with my parents! I need to know where to get a faciatum, i am probably not going for a Nhandu! Thanks again guys!

James
Check the dealer review section for websites and track one down there.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have my own room! I have plenty of room guys! Dont worry about that, i had a talk with my parents!
James
LOL, OK,OK. Besides, I can't really say too much when you only have 22 T's :), I think I'm over the 900 mark at present.

Cheers,
Steve

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Steve Nunn
LOL, OK,OK. Besides, I can't really say too much when you only have 22 T's :), I think I'm over the 900 mark at present.

Cheers,
Steve
Thats it!!!;P ;P

James

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, I have a wishlist, yet at the same time I'm not sure if I want to fullfill all of my wishes at once. There's something about having just one T that makes it extra special, though if I were to have more of one pet, it would probably be better to choose tarantulas than cats. They don't get jealous, they don't fight unless you put them together and then you're just asking for it, they don't crap on the carpet to mark territory or show you they are pissed. (Though they do crap on you sometimes...)

But anyway.... there are a few more fuzzy spiders I would like to own some day:

A. versicolor
A. metallica
G. pulchra
C. cyaneopubescens
L. parahybana

So for the most part they're relatively safe choices, though I heard the GBBs can be a little defensive. But I don't know why I have a notion to eventually try my hand at the parahybana, except that it's big and cheap. =D

But I think in the end I will stick to avics. I like having Ts that are somewhat more prone to bounce when they leap off your hand, though I'm very careful with mine. I already had a nightmare about having an exquisitely gorgeous versicolor that fell off my hand and broke apart on the floor and I had to put the pieces into a paper bag and... well, you can imagine the rest... :(

So what are people's thoughts on this list of Ts, and should I get a metallica or a versi next? And are adult metallicas really as fuzzy as they say? I want a big fluffy fuzzball! :D

Greensleeves

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by greensleeves
A. versicolor
A. metallica
G. pulchra
C. cyaneopubescens
L. parahybana

So what are people's thoughts on this list of Ts, and should I get a metallica or a versi next? And are adult metallicas really as fuzzy as they say? I want a big fluffy fuzzball! :D

Greensleeves
My knowlege of Avics other than A.avic is very limited, though I too would love to get a versi. The metallica I'm not very exposed to, so can't make a judgement. G.pulchra are AWSOME. I've had an adult fem and she was VERY docile, and just bold in all senses of the word regarding appearance. Just got a sling in my recently arrived order and am very glad to have it. I had to look C. cyaneopubescens up on birdspiders.com, but it looks incredible! Don't know squat about 'em though... What's the common name and where can I get one?!? L.parahybana seem pretty kewl which is why I just got a sling of this species as well in the order I mentioned. I'm looking forward to seeing how big they really get!:D

Sounds like a great list to me! :D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Re: My T wishlist

Originally posted by Telson
I had to look C. cyaneopubescens up on birdspiders.com, but it looks incredible! Don't know squat about 'em though... What's the common name and where can I get one?
It is mostly referred to as "Greenbottle Blue".

It is very occaisionally referred to as "Bottlebrush".

They start off looking like C. fasciatatum. But over the course of maturation, it changes to what you saw on Rick West's site.

Check this out:

:confused:

Jon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And this thread shows GBB and Tiger Rump (C. fasciatatum) side by side.

Jon

:?

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Revising my wishlist

Fuzzies! I think I am happy with my one terrestrial T and will now frolic in the genus avicularia forever with:

A. versicolor
A. metallica
A. hurriana

Those are my must-haves at the moment. Maybe I'll try a giant pinktoe (Avicularia braunshauseni) later when I want to walk on the wild side.

Greensleeves

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What avics do you currently have?

I'd say if you are looking for fuzzies, of the three that you have on your list, the A. hurriana will be your best bet. But also, you can't have an Avic collection without an A. versicolor. No doubt that the avics are awesome, good luck on your collecting:)